How should we be proud Christians and avoid being hypocrites?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChristianGirlLivingLife
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGirlLivingLife

Guest
In all areas of our lives, we can find it hard to stay faithful to God and be honourable to other aspects of our beliefs. What do you think are some ways that we can avoid our doubts and stay true to God?
 
In all areas of our lives, we can find it hard to stay faithful to God and be honourable to other aspects of our beliefs. What do you think are some ways that we can avoid our doubts and stay true to God?

Hope I am not sounding too trite, but my best recipe is to die daily. Dead men don't have a problem with anything.
 
WoW!

Your post reminded me I lied this week to sell one thing to one who says he is my friend (I´m not his).

Normally I try to behave like it is supposed to, BUT I LIED to get money (Is it common today?) (No! It´s rare)

But I failed!

I deserve nothing, in turn.

Normally I give and sell my serve for few Bolilvars. I don´t gett too much (that´s why I´m poor) but dealing with stingy people, more than I am, sucks me.

These are those who pretend I´ll be satisfied "because they gave me luch" and that´s enough (That´s not)

In fact, I lied twice this week (just for the same reason) but I corrected one of those faults.

I have to TELL THEM clearly I deserve what I deserve. It´s not Matt 10:10. It is my payment, in cash.

There are few whom I allow to pay me "each time they get their money" that this gets me upset.

A next year promise!

That has been hypocritical, more FOR ME. Besides, nothing is to be proud, but content.
 
well just speaking on myself we have to not stray away from God . So we will have to always pray even if we don't want to or tried. fellowship with others at church and around us be respectful and conduct ourselves the right way stay in reading and studying his word talking to Jesus its says he prays for us so we just cant give up or lose heart if we do cry out to God keep trying to stand it says a righteous man will fall 7 times but he will get back up with God's love and grace and restoration we just have to keep running to the end. God bless yu
 
  • Like
Reactions: ProphetExcalibur
who said we should be "proud" ??

pride is #1 on God's hate list.

how about,


How can we be humble Christians and avoid being hypocrites?
 
A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

(Proverbs 29:23)
 
Hi,

Submit to God entirely. God works through us. All we do is submit and surrender, doing his will. We do nothing, he does.

Satan the devil is very crafty. When he tempts us, find him out, and tell him to go away. We have faith trust in God alone.

We have a choice of morals, values, ethics. Do not conform to this world. Our reward will be in heaven.

Follow the Golden Rule as in doing unto others, as you would wish others do unto you.

Try and keep it simple. Avoid ego, power, lies, greed, and arrogance.

I hope this helped. God Bless, take care.
 
I'm new to reading the bible and I did read somewhere saying that pride is a sin :) haha I was gonna post that up
I am humble person and try not to step on someone else's personal beliefs but I make them think.
 
After all,...., it was pride that changed angels into devils; and its humility that makes us as angels.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Take pride in Christ. Glory in the Lord.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.