How to be saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 18, 2019
How I know I’m saved? I feel as if I say I need God in my life, but rely a lot on sinful things to try to run away from my problems. I’m very ignorant, and in my anxiety, I have hid away from God not reading the Bible as much as I should have so sorry for my foolishness, I’m hoping I can get more confidence the more I understand. Sorry also that I ramble on, and this is so long.

Is being saved a major moment of life where at one time I realize I need God, and later on even if I sin my main hope is in God when I realize sins can’t satisfy me. Or is it sinful of me to wait so long going to God when it’s most convenient and I’m most miserable?

How do I stay prepared for God to not be too late, and if I don’t get prepared enough for God does that mean I was never really saved to begin with?

God says if I love him, I will follow his commandments, so if I don’t follow his commandments I was never really saved to begin with. Being imperfect, I will always sin so, do I know I’m not really saved if I completely give up following his commandments and don’t come back acting as if everything is fine without his truth? Can I follow God, sin at some moments willingly, but then at the end realize I need God’s truth more than lies if it takes a short amount of time?

I haven’t been following God’s commandments, because I have had a misunderstanding of grace expecting to be saved by MY concept of what believing in God is. I’ve wrongly believed that God’s grace is sufficient so I can sin all I want, but am I really saved, I make so much excuses like “I am sinning, but I feel miserable and empty so does that mean I’m still saved...?”

It’s just, why do I keep wanting to have so much high stakes in life to seek God? I wish I wanted to seek God just because of who he is, but I keep procrastinating only wanting to do something now if it affects my salvation.

How do I really seek God in the now and really know I’m saved? How do I seek more of his truth without procrastinating in lies?

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

By procrastinating so much, will I be sent away from God? The road to heaven is narrow, and I just don’t feel like such a person good enough for a challenge. Before meeting God I didn’t feel like I could do anything, being so much of a coward to pain I wanted to die, I now want to live for God because of who he is, but it’s just so different. I feel so nervous of not being prepared enough and not being saved to begin with, it terrifies me.

The biggest reason I’m with God is because without Him, everything feels so meaningless and I just feel so upset with everybody’s concept of truth, I never know what is really real and with God I can finally have some hope and sanity. I just don’t deserve to stay with him at all, I’m so lazy and overconfident, it’s as if I have the answers to a school test but I wait till last second to fill out everything and then I’m only too late. I can’t just wait when sinning gets old and I’m tired of it, because then I’m too late! Being tired of sin just doesn’t feel good enough to me, I need to really go to him.

How should I stay obedient doing God’s will instead of waiting so long?

Thank you for taking your time to listen. I’m hoping I’m asking the right questions which can help get closer to God.

Dec 17, 2018
How I know I’m saved? I feel as if I say I need God in my life, but rely a lot on sinful things to try to run away from my problems. I’m very ignorant, and in my anxiety, I have hid away from God not reading the Bible as much as I should have so sorry for my foolishness, I’m hoping I can get more confidence the more I understand. Sorry also that I ramble on, and this is so long.

Is being saved a major moment of life where at one time I realize I need God, and later on even if I sin my main hope is in God when I realize sins can’t satisfy me. Or is it sinful of me to wait so long going to God when it’s most convenient and I’m most miserable?

How do I stay prepared for God to not be too late, and if I don’t get prepared enough for God does that mean I was never really saved to begin with?

God says if I love him, I will follow his commandments, so if I don’t follow his commandments I was never really saved to begin with. Being imperfect, I will always sin so, do I know I’m not really saved if I completely give up following his commandments and don’t come back acting as if everything is fine without his truth? Can I follow God, sin at some moments willingly, but then at the end realize I need God’s truth more than lies if it takes a short amount of time?

I haven’t been following God’s commandments, because I have had a misunderstanding of grace expecting to be saved by MY concept of what believing in God is. I’ve wrongly believed that God’s grace is sufficient so I can sin all I want, but am I really saved, I make so much excuses like “I am sinning, but I feel miserable and empty so does that mean I’m still saved...?”

It’s just, why do I keep wanting to have so much high stakes in life to seek God? I wish I wanted to seek God just because of who he is, but I keep procrastinating only wanting to do something now if it affects my salvation.

How do I really seek God in the now and really know I’m saved? How do I seek more of his truth without procrastinating in lies?

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

By procrastinating so much, will I be sent away from God? The road to heaven is narrow, and I just don’t feel like such a person good enough for a challenge. Before meeting God I didn’t feel like I could do anything, being so much of a coward to pain I wanted to die, I now want to live for God because of who he is, but it’s just so different. I feel so nervous of not being prepared enough and not being saved to begin with, it terrifies me.

The biggest reason I’m with God is because without Him, everything feels so meaningless and I just feel so upset with everybody’s concept of truth, I never know what is really real and with God I can finally have some hope and sanity. I just don’t deserve to stay with him at all, I’m so lazy and overconfident, it’s as if I have the answers to a school test but I wait till last second to fill out everything and then I’m only too late. I can’t just wait when sinning gets old and I’m tired of it, because then I’m too late! Being tired of sin just doesn’t feel good enough to me, I need to really go to him.

Thank you for taking your time to listen. I’m hoping I’m asking the right questions which can help get closer to God.
First of all, i am completely sorry for you, it sure seems like you are in a lot of pain from hurting yourself.
I will ask you this...Do you think Jesus is your savior and he died on the cross for you? do you think he is god in the flesh? do you confess him as your LORD and savior?
If so, then you are saved, nothing you can do can make you unsafe. It is not about you, god promised this is the case and since god is not a liar you are saved my friend, enjoy it, and if you have doubts about that then it is the work of the flesh and the accuser, it is not from god since you are his child.
If you have to ask something just ask, i am here friendo

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
Northeast Pennsylvania USA
Our heavenly Father is a person. Just think how you're human parents would feel. Loving parents wouldn't be quick to give up on you. They would wait for you to return and quickly accept you with open arms and rejoicing when you do. Also, God understands your weaknesses and imperfections and the struggle you have to do what is right. He knows when you are truly trying your best, and when you're not. If a person decides to never turn back, they will not be saved. You're not saved until you're saved...until you wake up in the resurrection. I suggest you don't let your guard down. Be courageous and strong. Glad to see you here with your spiritual ideas!

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
do you confess him as your LORD and savior?
This requires more than just saying the words. If he is your Lord you will obey all that he commands the best you can given your imperfection. If you don't, and you obey your sinful desires, then it is sin that is master over you.

Dec 17, 2018
This requires more than just saying the words. If he is your Lord you will obey all that he commands the best you can given your imperfection. If you don't, and you obey your sinful desires, then it is sin that is master over you.
We are not under the law anymore.
We do not need to do anything more couse Jesus did it for us.
Am i saying that we should sin? NO but you can not work for your salvation. We are not Jews anymore.

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
These are things I'm still wondering on. I though it was something like...obedience is required, but it's not the obedience that saves you. It's God that saves you because you had faith in Christ to the point of being obedient to Christ.

Dec 17, 2018
These are things I'm still wondering on. I though it was something like...obedience is required, but it's not the obedience that saves you. It's God that saves you because you had faith in Christ to the point of being obedient to Christ.
Is the same thing son, you are putting it into a more comprehensive and compelling way of saying the same thing.
Deal away with those feelings, i know we are human and we'd like to take this things into our own hands but that is the way of the world, not of God. Just like Peter, let go and let Jesus hold you on. You have the spirit that is from god, is all you need.

Dec 17, 2018
I am talking of course of the Holly ghost, not some new age believe or something.

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
.....But we are not able to be perfectly obedient to Christ, so as long as we have faith that what we're not able to do is what we should be doing, then we just need to do our best. Something like that? Idk

Dec 17, 2018
.....But we are not able to be perfectly obedient to Christ, so as long as we have faith that what we're not able to do is what we should be doing, then we just need to do our best. Something like that? Idk
Dude are you really that confused? send me a telegram message. I am "body of christ" and i have currently an image that says "si vis pacem parabellum"

Jul 6, 2020

Salvation is in giving your life to Jesus Lordship.
We confess Jesus as Lord
With our mouths we confess resulting in salvation.

It is not to just be a lip service.
In doing what He commands we show our confession as true and come to know his love for us in the process.
We are called to fix all of our hope on Him and his return and ready ourselves.
Everyone who has their hope in Him purifies themselves just as his is pure.
You are right to be terrified if Jesus is not your lord in practice.
In the beginning as sin is stripped away their is much uncertainty.
My advice do the one thing that you know God would have you do today.
Then ask for His lordship and for him to command you what to do next and do that.
He will work with the mess of you and you can trust in his love in the face of your failings.
His mercies are new every morning and his faithfulness unlike ours is great from the start.
But keep doing the one thing at hand that He is leading you to do as an embrace his lordship in each step
Do this day after day and you will become like Christ before long.
God is pleased in the first steps of faith of his children just as much as their last.

Jul 6, 2020
We are not under the law anymore.
We do not need to do anything more couse Jesus did it for us.
Am i saying that we should sin? NO but you can not work for your salvation. We are not Jews anymore.
Our confession of the lordship of Jesus is what saves us.
it is not about being good enough.
it is about who you belong to.
If you submit yourself to the lordship of Jesus Christ you belong to him.
You just do what our told.
If it was about how Good you are at doing what you where told, that would be works under the law.
You do what your told because you believe in his love and have chosen to give yourself to him without condition.

Dec 17, 2018
Our confession of the lordship of Jesus is what saves us.
it is not about being good enough.
it is about who you belong to.
If you submit yourself to the lordship of Jesus Christ you belong to him.
You just do what our told.
If it was about how Good you are at doing what you where told, that would be works under the law.
You do what your told because you believe in his love and have chosen to give yourself to him without condition.
Yeah, so just obey the teaching of Jesus. Just pluck out you eye dude.
No thanks. I only believe in him and what my hart tells me. And since he has written his laws in my heart when i was born again that is the right thing to do.

Jul 6, 2020
Yeah, so just obey the teaching of Jesus. Just pluck out you eye dude.
No thanks. I only believe in him and what my hart tells me. And since he has written his laws in my heart when i was born again that is the right thing to do.
Yes, if sin was in your eye it would be an easy solution, but it is not where your sin lives.
Sin is in the motives of your heart and you need to go after it with the same ferocity and commitment to Christ as one ready for whatever it takes and ask God to lead you in doing it.
If you had the law written in your heart from the start you would already be keeping the law as Christ described how.
But our new life always starts out like Lazarus bound in the trappings or our previous dead state and needing to be free from them.

If you would like to talk further about it we can move it to a BDF thread where it belongs.

Dec 17, 2018
Yes, if sin was in your eye it would be an easy solution, but it is not where your sin lives.
Sin is in the motives of your heart and you need to go after it with the same ferocity and commitment to Christ as one ready for whatever it takes and ask God to lead you in doing it.
If you had the law written in your heart from the start you would already be keeping the law as Christ described how.
But our new life always starts out like Lazarus bound in the trappings or our previous dead state and needing to be free from them.

If you would like to talk further about it we can move it to a BDF thread where it belongs.
I disagree. The sermon on the mountain tells otherwise.
Goodbye hand, goodbye eye.

J-T

Banned
Jul 29, 2020
Heaven Bound

I encourage a prayerful reading of 1Timothy 1 with the Gospel of John. None of us are "good enough". Jesus came to save sinners, not the righteous.

There is Forgiveness at the Cross
(Pastor Charles Lawson)
zion4131

WHY MUST I BE BORN AGAIN???
(Pastor Charles Lawson)
ThyWillBeDone1985

5 Things That Happen To the Born Again
(Pastor Charles Lawson)
ThyWillBeDone1985

Conviction, But No Conversion!!!
(Pastor Charles Lawson)
ThyWillBeDone1985

Nov 29, 2020
When I got baptized, I felt so free. Lately though I've been falling into sin, but I have to remember that God will give me grace now that I'm one of his children. All I have to do is TRULY repent. If I'm truly sorry and want to try harder, God is there for me. He is my Father.