How to begin forgiving our parents

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 30, 2014
Forgiving parents can be a tough thing to do. I know we are to honor them, but I also believe that they should be honorable. My mother was more concerned with other family members' feelings than she was mine. She figured I could handle it since I never complained, well, not when I was young. Now, she's old. All I can hope for is that when she is in the next life, God will give her the responsibilities she deserves, but they probably won't be what they could have been.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
We begin our first act of forgiveness by thanking God for them. Find something about them that you can be thankful for. And tell God.

When Jesus said to "bless" your enemies, the meaning of that word bless is "to speak well of them". Now you don't have to do it to their face at first - but start with God. From His presence, you will know what is the next right thing to do.

M

missy2014

yeh i heard about this is the church sermon today Allan Meyer spoke : he said as someone touched on it to honor your parents apart of forgiving and honoring your parents is processing the bad stuff and see them for who they are (who God sees them) which seeing and finding the good about them. very touching sermon and very thankful though it has been tested today God has brought healing into my life today because of the truth of honoring your parents and forgiving them

M

missy2014

Many cancel out the good and only see the bad when you have unforgiveness towards them becasue they dont allow God to help them process the bad things of your parents.honor means weight hebrew? greek? allan was saying realise how bad the bad things were - to give it weight