How to come back to God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gettingbetter

I was saved as a young teen. I strayed from God and church. I am trying to find my way back to both but feel that I don't know how. The last few weeks have been very trying, I have been through personal issues that I have requested prayer for here. I am praying daily but at times still feel alone as though God is not listening. Please pray for me that I will find the peace that both my heart and mind so dearly need. I am just broken and I don't know what to do nor how to go forward. Please pray for me.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Return to him , your first love and let your light shine, forget the past, he is the Lord that forgives all our sins and remembers them no more

I

Indubitably

Troubles draw us closer to Jesus. I too am going through a difficult time this Christmas. I've been a bit shy of direction on moving forward in my personal life and now God is showing me good things. Loneliness and not having God's peace can just about drive us crazy. God is faithful, He does not move from us, we move from Him. Draw very close to Him and stay in His Word. This time shall pass, the clouds will roll away and the blue skies above will be clearly seen again. It's all about Jesus! God bless you. I will pray for you to find God's peace and His direction for your next steps and beyond.

J

Jordache

We are all broken, but we serve a God that pieces back together broken lives. In our desperation and shame we often unknowingly complicate things for ourself. I can see that you are open just by your name. That name is a truth you need to hold onto. You may not have visible evidence, but that doesn't mean it's not there. God is not far, and the right church doesn't require you to "find your way back".
Here's a truth to hold onto. God is listening. He hears it all... AND He's working in your life whether you feel it or not. :) You cannot seek God and not be changed. You may not see the change right away, but we are inevitably changed when we seek the Lord.
At a retreat last week the Lord gave me a definition of peace. Peace is a state of heart. The peace which He promises is a state of the heart first before it enters your mind. It's not an absence of conflict. It's the submission of all those conflicts to God's grace, but we cannot attain it by our mind first. God must instill it in our hearts first.
Every day that you wake up and don't stay down, you are moving forward. My youth pastor growing up always used to use the image opf salvation being like taking that first step onto the bridge between now and the Lord. Since then the Lord has used that image to show me where I am in my walk. I've had other images also. But always, whenever I ask the Lord to show me where I am in my walk, He does. With the bridge, I have been standing still as it sways in the wind, afraid to progress in my walk. I've been gleefully skipping. I've found a hole and fallen through, barely hanging on for dear life. I've been steadily walking. One thing I always see it that as long as you don't turn around and walk back, you are moving forward. You may pause to catch your breath or gather your barings, but there is progress.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus's name for all God's perfect care.

God bless :)
pickles

P

psychomom

{{{My precious sister}}}

When the minutes feel like hours...God is with you.
When the hours feel like days, and the days like years...God is with you.
When the heavens feel like brass...God is with you.
When you are so weary you think you can't move...God is with you.
When your heart is so very broken it feels like you will never be whole...God is with you.
When confusion sets in and you don't know where to place your next step...God is with you.

And not with you, only...He is for you.
He is absolutely on your side!
No one loves you like your God does.
He is your Abba, your Savior, your Comforter, your Husband, your Lover, your Friend.

He makes us go through these times to perfect our faith,
to burn away the flesh,
to refine us as gold.
And His perfect plan never, ever fails.

He causes us to go through these things for our good,
though I know it doesn't seem so right now.
These are the times we must look to the Word,
and stand on the grace we have been so generously given.
We must see the Truth he writes to us,
and agree with Him that it is Truth,
maybe especially when it doesn't look like it is.

I can't tell you how to do it,
because it isn't done in our own power, but in HIS. ♥
I can tell you that when I have been in that place,
He has always, always been faithful to ALL of His promises.
This is my testimony.
Through illness, and death, and fear, and loss and every other thing,
the Lord has never and will never forsake you.
Never, ever leave you alone.
He made you promises, and He is The Faithful Promise Keeper.
Though family and loved ones and friends and husbands and children desert us,
we know He is never judged by that standard, but by His own,
His covenant He made through Jesus' very blood.

Though at times He makes us walk without feeling Him there,
He IS there. :)
He always forgives,
always loves,
always remains with you.
Do not be fooled by the lies of the evil one,
who wants you to feel like the Lord has deserted you, beloved of your Father. ♥
Do not be fooled by your feelings,
but stand on the Word of The Faithful One.
He loves you infinitely,
and is tenderly caring for you even now.

I am praying for you, that our Abba will reveal the Lord Jesus to you
more fully than you have ever known.
I am praying for all the troubles and worries,
and more than anything that the mouth of the evil one will be silenced,
even the lies of your own flesh,
so that the Word of God can speak to you.
I love you!
-ellie

ps--read 1 Cor. 13 to know precisely how the Lord loves you. ♥

S

shekaniah

Keep coming back here for faith building love!

I find the fellowship here, so full of God's love!

To build your faith and feel closer to God,
You need to get to know Him through His word.
Find a Bible study telling who you are in Christ.
Or just do a web search on it.

I will pray for you to gain wisdom and understanding!
Warm Jesus hugs sent your way! Shekaniah

S

shekaniah

Through Christ, I am dead to sin (Romans 6:11)
Through Christ, I am spiritually alive (Romans 6:11; 1 Corinthians 15:22)
Through Christ, I am forgiven (Colossians 2:13; 1 John 2:12)
Through Christ, I am declared righteous (! Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
Through Christ, I am a child of God (Romans 8:16; Philippians 2:15)
Through Christ, I am God’s possession (Titus 2:14)
Through Christ, I am an heir of God (Romans 8:17)
Through Christ, I am blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
Through Christ, I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
Through Christ, I am free from the law (Romans 8:2)
Through Christ, I am crucified with him (Galatians 2:20)
Through Christ, I am free from the desires of the flesh (Galatians 5:24)
Through Christ, I am declared blameless and innocent (Philippians 2:15)
Through Christ, I am the light in the world (Matthew 5:14-15; Philippians 2:15)
Through Christ, I am victorious over Satan (Luke 10:19)
Through Christ, I am set free in Christ from the power of Sin (Colossians 2:11-15)
Through Christ, I am secure in him (I Peter 1:3-5)
Through Christ, I am at peace with God (Romans 5:1; Philippians 4:6-9)
Through Christ, I am loved by God (1 John 4:10)

I found this list
Hope it helps :)

I

Indubitably

Shekaniah, that list is tremendous. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Gettingbetter, I'm still praying for God to hold you close and show you all that he has for you!