How to deal with hatred?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selenah

I have a problem with hating. (the rest of this post is…..well it’s kind of a rant so you don’t have to read it. I was just trying to show that I really really really have a problem with hating)

I rarely ever show it on the outside. I’m always super happy go-lucky. I always act happy around everyone and positive about everything and trying to encourage people. Most people think I'm a sweet innocent Christian girl. My parents, my friends, and everyone at church think I'm a strong Christian who is completely devoted to God. The thing is, I am really far from God right now. I'm always hating someone or something. I hate God for making life so complicated. If God is real, why is it so hard to understand His Word? I've hated my parents for being so....well you know how parents are. I've hated other people for different things. I've even hated some of you guys because it seems like you never agree on things which makes me think the Bible isn't inerrant if it's so hard to understand. One time I read this thread about not posting huge paragraphs etc., and I thought the person had posted it because of a thread I had made. I hated that so so much. I almost posted a response that was just angry, nasty, mean, and full of swearing. Of course, later I found out the thread was posted before I even became a member of Christian Chat. I just hate that I hate so much. I hate myself for asking so many questions on here, making you guys think I'm just some stupid atheist who's trying to prove something or have a good laugh. I hate being an idiot and swearing. I hate posting this thread because it makes me look like some psycho teen who has a personality problem. I hate myself for some things I did that made me look like I was flirting with and stalking this one boy. I hate the people at church because they keep teasing me and this one boy for liking each other. I hate myself for being depressed and complaining about it to you guys like someone who’s just looking for attention. I’m just so angry inside at everyone and everything, mostly God for giving me a sin nature that has made me say things that I regret sooooooooo much. I don’t want to think about it. I just want to block God and everyone I hate out. I don’t know what I believe about God. I just don’t want to think about anything really or try to figure out what I believe, where I stand with God, where I’m going, etc. I need some advice on how to deal with this hatred. I'm sorry for going on and on. I’m so so sorry for hating some of you guys. I just really need some advice on how to stop hating.

Jan 18, 2011
I have a problem with hating. (the rest of this post is…..well it’s kind of a rant so you don’t have to read it. I was just trying to show that I really really really have a problem with hating)

I rarely ever show it on the outside. I’m always super happy go-lucky. I always act happy around everyone and positive about everything and trying to encourage people. Most people think I'm a sweet innocent Christian girl. My parents, my friends, and everyone at church think I'm a strong Christian who is completely devoted to God. The thing is, I am really far from God right now. I'm always hating someone or something. I hate God for making life so complicated. If God is real, why is it so hard to understand His Word? I've hated my parents for being so....well you know how parents are. I've hated other people for different things. I've even hated some of you guys because it seems like you never agree on things which makes me think the Bible isn't inerrant if it's so hard to understand. One time I read this thread about not posting huge paragraphs etc., and I thought the person had posted it because of a thread I had made. I hated that so so much. I almost posted a response that was just angry, nasty, mean, and full of swearing. Of course, later I found out the thread was posted before I even became a member of Christian Chat. I just hate that I hate so much. I hate myself for asking so many questions on here, making you guys think I'm just some stupid atheist who's trying to prove something or have a good laugh. I hate being an idiot and swearing. I hate posting this thread because it makes me look like some psycho teen who has a personality problem. I hate myself for some things I did that made me look like I was flirting with and stalking this one boy. I hate the people at church because they keep teasing me and this one boy for liking each other. I hate myself for being depressed and complaining about it to you guys like someone who’s just looking for attention. I’m just so angry inside at everyone and everything, mostly God for giving me a sin nature that has made me say things that I regret sooooooooo much. I don’t want to think about it. I just want to block God and everyone I hate out. I don’t know what I believe about God. I just don’t want to think about anything really or try to figure out what I believe, where I stand with God, where I’m going, etc. I need some advice on how to deal with this hatred. I'm sorry for going on and on. I’m so so sorry for hating some of you guys. I just really need some advice on how to stop hating.
Here is the answer you seek.

YouTube - "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate.. to suffering"

A

AnandaHya

stop judging yourself. God told us not to judge His children and that includes YOU!

God says lovely, you say broken. You say guilty, God says forgiven. You feel lonely, God says He's with you. IT would change every thing if you only believe ALL of God's words. HE LOVES YOU. Here is a song that reminds me that God tells us things that this world never will. God loves you He tells us over and over again.

YouTube - The Truth About Me Mandisa (lyrics)

I'm sorry people argue in front of you and make you question even further God's word and His love for you, but remember God asks you forgive them (I probably say us) this trespass, we forget and get wrapped up in the discussion that we forget the purpose sometimes. will you forgive us?

you don't have to speak in a small voice. I still love you and consider you a sister in Christ

smile God loves us :)

have you read God's love letter recently? It always gives me hope :)

YouTube - God's love letter

A

AnandaHya

I got an error message.

Alternative.
YouTube - Yoda fears the darkside <-- click
wow.. you guys remind me of my little brothers when they were like 8 years old. still love you though but ummm... yeah.

here's another song. some days I don't want to be so nice, lucky for your guys today is not one of those days lol :)

Don't worry you can be real with me, Selenah (I pretend to be sweet and nice too but my thought are not so much so a lot of the time, and the more tired I am the nice filter gets broken sometimes)

:) "well, I'm tired of saying everything I'm supposed to say, I'm tired of smiling all the time, I wanna throw the mask away.

Sometimes you just have a bad day Sometimes you wanna scream!...."

YouTube - What If We Were Real by Mandisa (Official Slideshow w/ Lyrics)

You aren't the only one. I feel just like you.you can share your brokenness and I'll tell you how I feel.

Some days I just want to grab hold of people and try and shake some sense into them, but most people would get very upset if I did that.

Just know you are not alone and that God is in control :)

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

Dear Lord we pray for our sister in Christ Selena who is undergoing spiritual attack and we ask You to strengthen her shield of faith and securely fasten her helmet of salvation on and give her the reassurance and love needed to overcome the test. Lord we ask you place people in her life that will help teach and deal with the attacks of the Enemy and give her a love again of the Bible. We ask you break whatever bonds of darkness or witchcraft anyone is trying to use against her and allow her to again read with joy your Holy words for herself. We ask you shield and protect her and her family. Please Lord open the eyes and hearts of the people around her to see past the mask of fake joy and happiness to the heart inside who is grieving and weeping and allow them to help aid in her healing in Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior have mercy and grace upon us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. for Yours is the power and the glory for ever and ever, Amen

remember sister Jesus came to set you free not enslave you in the chains of guilt or hatred

Last edited:
J

jimmydiggs

I have a problem with hating. (the rest of this post is&#8230;..well it&#8217;s kind of a rant so you don&#8217;t have to read it. I was just trying to show that I really really really have a problem with hating)

I rarely ever show it on the outside. I&#8217;m always super happy go-lucky. I always act happy around everyone and positive about everything and trying to encourage people. Most people think I'm a sweet innocent Christian girl. My parents, my friends, and everyone at church think I'm a strong Christian who is completely devoted to God. The thing is, I am really far from God right now.
I know this is cliche, but it is so true; Admitting the problem is the first step. If we deny the reality of the problem, how can we even begin to fix the problem?

I'm always hating someone or something. I hate God for making life so complicated. If God is real, why is it so hard to understand His Word?
From personal experience, I've made understanding the word of God much more difficult than it actually is. Not to say it's easy though. If it was so simple, I suspect many of us wouldn't care.

I've hated my parents for being so....well you know how parents are.
Understoooooooooood.

I've hated other people for different things. I've even hated some of you guys because it seems like you never agree on things which makes me think the Bible isn't inerrant if it's so hard to understand.
Gotta keep in mind, man in his sinful nature is more than happy to change scripture to suit his needs. Also, demons can quote scripture with great accuracy.

One time I read this thread about not posting huge paragraphs etc., and I thought the person had posted it because of a thread I had made. I hated that so so much. I almost posted a response that was just angry, nasty, mean, and full of swearing. Of course, later I found out the thread was posted before I even became a member of Christian Chat.
It's more of a courtesy request. It eases communication.

I just hate that I hate so much.
1 John 1:9 (ESV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I hate myself for asking so many questions on here, making you guys think I'm just some stupid atheist who's trying to prove something or have a good laugh.
The only time I personally ever suspected something fishy was that post you stated at the end, "I'm not just an atheist here for a good laugh." It raised an eyebrow, not gunna lie. Otherwise, I thought the questions you've asked thus far have been quite normal. I've asked, I think every one of them myself.

I hate being an idiot and swearing.
I can't say that I've got my tongue completely under control. Certainly am better at it than I once was, thank God for that.

James 3:6
The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

I hate posting this thread because it makes me look like some psycho teen who has a personality problem.
Nope. Just looks to me like honest thoughts. A lot of times in our lives we are asked, "How are you?" All to often we as Christians lie to ourselves, "I'm fine." We're not fine. That's why we recognize the requirement of Christ. That's why we become dependent upon God.

I hate myself for some things I did that made me look like I was flirting with and stalking this one boy. I hate the people at church because they keep teasing me and this one boy for liking each other.
Ask them to stop? Not sure I can be of help on this.

I hate myself for being depressed and complaining about it to you guys like someone who&#8217;s just looking for attention.
I don't think you are after attention. Am I after attention for responding?

I&#8217;m just so angry inside at everyone and everything, mostly God for giving me a sin nature that has made me say things that I regret sooooooooo much.
It's not a punishment but rathe ran inheritance.

CARM said:
On the other hand, we are affected by Adam&#8217;s sin. This is how. Before the fall, Adam was sinless, perfect, and good (Gen. 1:31). He had a &#8216;good&#8217; nature. But, after the fall, he became a sinner. His nature was changed from &#8216;good&#8217; to &#8216;bad.&#8217; Since we are his children, we inherit his sinful nature (Rom. 5:12). In this sense, we suffer for what Adam did; that is, he caused his descendants to have sinful natures and all of us suffer because of it. This is called original sin. It means that we have inherited a sinful nature and that all of what we are as individuals (mind, body, soul, spirit, emotions, and thought) is touched by sin. But this does not mean that we are as sinful as we can be. After all, God has written His Law on our hearts (Rom. 1:19; 2:15).
Are we punished for Adam's sin? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry <--- click

I don&#8217;t want to think about it. I just want to block God and everyone I hate out.
Block the people if you want, but do not block God.

I don&#8217;t know what I believe about God. I just don&#8217;t want to think about anything really or try to figure out what I believe, where I stand with God, where I&#8217;m going, etc.
This is the kind of stuff we have to figure out. What does it mean to believe something when we don't know what it is we believe?

I need some advice on how to deal with this hatred.
I don't know much specifically about hatred, but I know one of the best things to start with is to avoid situations that cause something sinful to arise. One thing that I have found to be tremendously succesful is when I begin to have thoughts, I repeat in my mind.. "I do not give consent" repeatedly as long as it is neccesary. It acts as a bit of a "mental reset".

I'm sorry for going on and on.
Glad you said something.

I&#8217;m so so sorry for hating some of you guys.
I'm sorry for raising an eyebrow.

I just really need some advice on how to stop hating
Seek God. Seek transformation. Seek a red-hot faith. I have reallllly benefited from sermonindex.net when trying to stop sinning.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
I didn’t read your entire post, but if someone is making your life difficult, it is okay to protect yourself from what that person is doing to you.

It is wrong to seek revenge.