how to deal with officemates who are unbelievers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chinaeyes

i envy those who perfectly knows how to deal with unbelievers in the office...

but what if, no matter how hard you try not to compromise your beliefs

at the end of the day, you feel sad and alone for being left out most of the time

the green jokes, you refuse to join

the cursing and the insults constantly being thrown to people not in the group

missing drinking sessions and parties since you are the only one who doesn't drink

and of course, being the object attention for being "different"

how to deal? should i just continue to avoid them than compromise my beliefs?

O

OnDMT

It sounds more like "how to deal with unprofessional coworkers."

S

scottman719

you shouldn't have to do either....but if you have to choose, avoid them.

never be ashamed of your beliefs, but try not to avoid them, set an example of love. dont try and preach to them or anything, let your actions preach for you.

M

magaritha

you are blessed my dear the more they cure and mock you remember that jesus was also mock
just be your self don't insult them back be good to them return evil with good you are notalone god is with you
dont feel lonely jst pray to god to forgive them and that they will start treating you good just wake up beliving
they will treat you good.God will do that for you.

S

Seeker24

As someone who's been secular for a very long time, heres my advice:

everyone is free to their own opinion, and of course has freedom of speech, but that is where you draw the line.
Nobody likes people who are overly preachy. And sometimes, at the end of the day you have to wait for people to approach you. I once was told that God finds everyone on his own time.
People will likely not respond well to you constantly throwing God in their face. I'm not suggesting you are, but this is the kind of stuff I have dealt with.

As for drinking and cussing, go out! you are not required to drink! have a virgin daiquiri or something (SO yummy!) and the cussing- well I agree it is unprofessional and if telling people to watch their language is not working, maybe bring it up with a supervisor.

I think the most effective way to introduce people to your ideas and beliefs is to first, not intimidate them. And believe it or not some people find religious people over bearing. So let people get to know you before you bring up God.

S

somethingbeautiful

i fase the same issue. i just stay polite and keep a good example