How to enter chat.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Some folks don't know how to enter.
If this doesn't help, then I dunno what else to suggest.

M

Matreshka

u need to write " enter the chat " on dif lang ;) :p

W

wwjd_kilden

u need to write " enter the chat " on dif lang ;) :p

That would end up as a long list if one was to write it in all possible languages :D
(Besides, I thought "chat" was almost international .p )

M

Matreshka

haha lol um , what if some does not know what the word "enter " means ? :p

U

Ugly

haha lol um , what if some does not know what the word "enter " means ? :p
It doesn't say 'enter'. It says 'Chat now'. Besides, anyone not knowing enough basic english to know the words 'chat' 'now' or 'enter' may have a hard time on this site no matter what they do on here. The site is predominately english.

K

kenisyes

I had tried to enter chat for many weeks, and got nowhere. Finally one day, I tried again, and then I discovered it: If you are going to a chat room where no one is chatting, nothing happens. You just get a pretty picture on the screen. As soon as I got into my first active chat room, I could pull up a list of the other rooms, and go wherever I wanted whether anyone was there or not. I think, I either have all this wrong, or it's just because I'm the the Eastern time zone of the US (halfway between UK evening recreation and most of US recreation time) and go to bed early.

Oh, I'm okay in Windows, but in Linux, I can't use my microphone because the permission box won't come up. If anyone could solve this, it would be great, as I have a similar problem in Citrix, which is a professional application for my teaching job, and no one will help me there.

W

wwjd_kilden

I use Citrix too, I think it defaults to blocking stuff like that (rather than it being CC's "fault") :)

K

kenisyes

I use Citrix too, I think it defaults to blocking stuff like that (rather than it being CC's "fault") :)
Maybe so, but it can't hurt to let them know, just in case. There are various operating systems out there. The linux folks should get a bug-fix out for Firefox.

1still_waters

I had tried to enter chat for many weeks, and got nowhere. Finally one day, I tried again, and then I discovered it: If you are going to a chat room where no one is chatting, nothing happens. You just get a pretty picture on the screen. As soon as I got into my first active chat room, I could pull up a list of the other rooms, and go wherever I wanted whether anyone was there or not. I think, I either have all this wrong, or it's just because I'm the the Eastern time zone of the US (halfway between UK evening recreation and most of US recreation time) and go to bed early.

Oh, I'm okay in Windows, but in Linux, I can't use my microphone because the permission box won't come up. If anyone could solve this, it would be great, as I have a similar problem in Citrix, which is a professional application for my teaching job, and no one will help me there.
The solution is to cease trying to be a techy-contrarian-hipster, and cave in and use windows or a mac os. :p

All said tongue in cheek. ;)

G

GRA

Oh, I'm okay in Windows, but in Linux, I can't use my microphone because the permission box won't come up.
If, by any chance, you are talking about 'Settings...' being "grayed-out" -- I think I may just have the infomation you need...

I recently upgraded my Linux system - and the flash version also. I discovered that - "for whatever screwball reason" - adobe has "changed it" so that, instead of reaching the settings through the 'Settings...' option (in the menu from the mic or the 'room' background) ------ you have to access it seperately through a program called 'flash-player-properties'. See if you can find and execute this program.

I also discovered that 'Ask me for permission' does not work as expected. You have to set it to 'Allow' before you click 'Chat Now!'...

:)

G

GRA

Maybe so, but it can't hurt to let them know, just in case. There are various operating systems out there. The linux folks should get a bug-fix out for Firefox.
I don't think it is the fault of Linux - I think it is the fault of Adobe. :rolleyes:

K

kenisyes

If, by any chance, you are talking about 'Settings...' being "grayed-out" -- I think I may just have the infomation you need...

I recently upgraded my Linux system - and the flash version also. I discovered that - "for whatever screwball reason" - adobe has "changed it" so that, instead of reaching the settings through the 'Settings...' option (in the menu from the mic or the 'room' background) ------ you have to access it seperately through a program called 'flash-player-properties'. See if you can find and execute this program.

I also discovered that 'Ask me for permission' does not work as expected. You have to set it to 'Allow' before you click 'Chat Now!'...

:)

Thanks, I'll try this as soon as I have time. I'm not trying to be a techo-contrarion hipster. I'm tired of having Windows xp fail repeatedly due to trojans and other such nonsense, and tired of having to use Windows Vista that appears to have been ruined by MS upgrades to the point where even the restart partition won't access.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I've noticed that problem as well when I played with a couple of different distributions of Linux as well. But I don't think it's a development issue on their end; as GRA mentioned. Maybe HTML5 will take over Flash, and all will be well one day!

S

savednow

I clicked 'chat now'. Hasn't worked for me yet.

U

Ugly

I clicked 'chat now'. Hasn't worked for me yet.
Might want to give more detail. Did the chat window pop up? Did it pop up and not load the site? How many times did you try?

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
And for more help in the chat room, click the link in my signature =D.