How to minister when suicide is threatened?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
What can we say to a new Christian, with no knowledge of scripture passages to help? Christ has been received, but there is no knowledge of who God the Father is, or how our world operates. This person says that God will not take those who commit suicide to live on with Him which is a deterrent. But the despair is heartbreaking to see.

I hear over and over that “I am practical” when I give spiritual principles.

J

Jordache

Well, as someone who's been on both sides of that conversation, you really need to acknowledge their feelings no matter how dark and uncomfortable they may be for you. They are very real for that person. Regardless of whether that person knows scripture, truth is truth and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. You need to give them truth smothered in compassion. However sometimes all the truth that's necessary is a hug and telling them they'll be on and you'll stand by them. Don't overspiritualize it. Talk to them. Be with them. Do not talk at them or think that just your physical presence is enough. Your emotional presence is needed.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
This topic always touches my heart because a very dear friend of mine lost a son to suicide

People can be self-destructive. This idea that life isn't worth living, that there is no hope is a lie. The enemy, the deceiver, takes pleasure in seeing, in knowing that a child of God, is being tormented. All the things in this world that have been accepted as something that is normal, is normal to the world because this world is not apart of God's kingdom. The Kingdom of God, where JESUS reigns as the KINGS OF KINDS AND LORDS OF LORDS, came to be because he brought people to God through love. Jesus introduces us to God, to His father, and God becomes our father too. When someone is threatening suicide, pray first. Pray, beg God to give you the strength to say what needs to be said. Let the Holy Spirit do his magic, and when you least expect it, the words will come and the Holy Spirit will move the heart of man towards God. Be the vessel that God uses, and lift the Lord's name on high! AND ALLOW THE PERSON TO KNOW THEIR WORTH. LET THEM KNOW THAT THERE IS MORE TO LIFE, THAN THIS VERY LIFE THAT WE LEAD! JESUS USES US ALL, AND HE USES PEOPLE AS VESSELS WITHOUT THEM EVEN KNOWING. TRUST GOD AND LET HIM DO IT ALL! HIS WILL, NO MATTER WHAT, WILL ALWAYS BE DONE. GOD HAS ALWAYS KNOWN WHAT WILL HAPPEN. DON'T WORRY, BECAUSE WORDS WILL NEVER BE A BARRIER FOR GOD. THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL HELP!

MAY JESUS CHRIST, OUR SAVIOR, BLESS YOU, AND SHOW YOU THE WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU NEED!

From A Christian Sister,

Paloma Castro

Oct 31, 2011
My friend will be here soon, thank you everyone, especially Paloma. I will be on my knees and let God speak through me! Please join me in prayer, everyone! It is the 23rd psalm that is coming to me the clearest.

C

chuinchoy

i think it is God's call who to enter into heaven. i also think the issue should be whether we as christian are allowed to commit suicide?

In the book of Genesis we learned that God is the creator of all liveforms on earth. In Genesis 1:26 says "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them RULE over fish of sea and birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground".

This bible passage tells us that God give us the mandate the RULE only, there is no mandate given by God to KILL.