How to pray ineffectively.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Pray without praising the Lord. After all, you are important, too.

Pray when you are out of harmony with God. God says we need to ask for His will to be done, and what He wants is for this world to run without sin! Unreasonable! God should be able to look past your sins, No one likes this repent and forgive business.

Ask for a blessing for a lifetime. This day by day stuff just means you need to spend time with God every day and after all, we all have work to get done.

When you need something, it is best to cover all bases, so it doesn't hurt to add prayers about it, just in case it helps. Trusting God's promises takes faith, and faith is a difficult commodity to come by.

Don't give up that grudge you have. What they did to you was unforgiveable.

Hold on to that sin, after all it really is simply an addiction. God should be able to see who you really are right past the sins. If you repent you would need to give them up, and who wants to go that far.

Read self help books for direction. They are often written by doctors who know how things are in this day and age, the bible was written so long ago, what do they know of what is happening now.

Get a mantra and just repeat it. A good one is "I love the Lord". It doesn't mean you have to actually love the Lord, but repeating it over and over is bound to help.

Realize that your importance does give you rights. Stand up for them. Submission to who created you is for wimps.

Follow these guidelines and God will not hear you. Do the opposite and you will pray with signs following.

Luke 13:25-27. Then you will stand outside and knock on the door, saying, "Lord, open up for us!" He wil answer you, "I don't know you or where you're from. Then you will say "We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets". But He will say "I tell you, I don't know you or where you're from. Get away from Me, all you workers of unrighteousness".

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I have this book I am reading called The Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson. Its about the power of prayer and how the most influential people in the bible (and out) are faithful prayer warriors.

Its really inspiring and helpful, to me anyway.

Jan 26, 2009
Pray without praising the Lord. After all, you are important, too.

Pray when you are out of harmony with God. God says we need to ask for His will to be done, and what He wants is for this world to run without sin! Unreasonable! God should be able to look past your sins, No one likes this repent and forgive business.

Ask for a blessing for a lifetime. This day by day stuff just means you need to spend time with God every day and after all, we all have work to get done.

When you need something, it is best to cover all bases, so it doesn't hurt to add prayers about it, just in case it helps. Trusting God's promises takes faith, and faith is a difficult commodity to come by.

Don't give up that grudge you have. What they did to you was unforgiveable.

Hold on to that sin, after all it really is simply an addiction. God should be able to see who you really are right past the sins. If you repent you would need to give them up, and who wants to go that far.

Read self help books for direction. They are often written by doctors who know how things are in this day and age, the bible was written so long ago, what do they know of what is happening now.

Get a mantra and just repeat it. A good one is "I love the Lord". It doesn't mean you have to actually love the Lord, but repeating it over and over is bound to help.

Realize that your importance does give you rights. Stand up for them. Submission to who created you is for wimps.

Follow these guidelines and God will not hear you. Do the opposite and you will pray with signs following.

Luke 13:25-27. Then you will stand outside and knock on the door, saying, "Lord, open up for us!" He wil answer you, "I don't know you or where you're from. Then you will say "We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets". But He will say "I tell you, I don't know you or where you're from. Get away from Me, all you workers of unrighteousness".
Sad part is many people actually teach this

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
that is a good one. I heard one time that folks treat God like a cosmic vending machine. put money and prayer in and get what you want out. think about prosperity teaching.