I have been raised within a Baptist church environment and a believer since age of 9 years.
Recently, I started doing a published bible study on “The Kingdom of God” however within the first chapter of the study I questioned my church study pastor about how the study was worded and appeared (to me) to contradict what Paul was preaching in 1 Corinthians 15. My questions are,
1. “While we are physically alive, are we only human beings/living souls?”
2. “Do verses 45-52 tell us what we are and when we change?”
I have been taught/told throughout my life that our “soul” is a separate entity, supposedly within us, however I read these verses which say we don’t have a separate soul rather we, as humans, are a living soul as in v45 which Paul refers to Gen 2:7.
My plain and simple statement would be, “We can be possessed or filled with the Holy Spirit, or with an evil spirit. We can be spiritually minded and while we breathe we are filled with God’s breath of life. However, until Christ returns, we are human beings only, then when Christ returns, we (as a believer) become spiritual beings.
Recently, I started doing a published bible study on “The Kingdom of God” however within the first chapter of the study I questioned my church study pastor about how the study was worded and appeared (to me) to contradict what Paul was preaching in 1 Corinthians 15. My questions are,
1. “While we are physically alive, are we only human beings/living souls?”
2. “Do verses 45-52 tell us what we are and when we change?”
I have been taught/told throughout my life that our “soul” is a separate entity, supposedly within us, however I read these verses which say we don’t have a separate soul rather we, as humans, are a living soul as in v45 which Paul refers to Gen 2:7.
My plain and simple statement would be, “We can be possessed or filled with the Holy Spirit, or with an evil spirit. We can be spiritually minded and while we breathe we are filled with God’s breath of life. However, until Christ returns, we are human beings only, then when Christ returns, we (as a believer) become spiritual beings.