Human Cloning takes Leap Forward...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I just can't see how if this cloning process we're discussing can't possible ever have a heart, brain, lungs, etc., how can it be thought of as a human being? Ever? How is taking a human life an issue here? This is not growing a human being. This is simply growing tissue that can help human beings. We have to be rational here. I fear often Christian conservatives go to a fanatical extreme. Certainly, conservatives, at least, factor God into their thinking. Hence, they have that spiritual aid to lead them in their thinking. When God is not part of your thinking, then you go way out of whack to the right. You don't factor the God quotient into your thinking, and therefore, you have no spiritual guidance. Now you have no rudder, whatsoever! So it seems we should use both our common sense along that spiritual rudder to guide us. Right? Common sense tells me if there's no person involved, and no potential for there to be one, there's no sin involved, especially when this is being done to help living human beings.

Any sane human being would be totally against partial birth abortions. That's a horror story in itself.
Are you quoting me because you agree? Im confused

Not intended to be life forms? By whom, the scientists who take an egg and a sperm (fertilized egg=life form, IMO) and place them in a test tube to grow until it suits their purposes? Max is right...we have no proper ethical, much less moral, framework for this. So the slide begins.

We're not talking about SCNT here...(somatic cell nuclear transfer). We're talking about human embryos. The little ones placed in women's wombs for the purpose of giving that woman a child. They 'clone' (which may not be the right word) the cells from human embryos.

And you're right...I don't have to have any procedure involving this. But as a Christian, I do feel a responsibility to speak and act against what I believe is wrong in God's view.

Just as you speak and act against what you feel is wrong, yes?
Well if you want to view it that way sure. I mean if it takes cloning an embryo, which gets into whole other concepts of life/souls stuff that honestly aren't important to me outside of the realm of science fiction, then I'm fine with cloning embryos for the sole purpose of making them into a medical cure. If you're one who believes life begins at conception then I guess I can see how this would be an issue with you. Personally do I speak or act against what is wrong? Well there isn't much that bothers me enough to compel me to do so, but even on issues I do support, I'd have to do just as much explaining around here, so Ill leave them quiet for now.

May 3, 2013
You might feel differently if someone came to your house and said,
"Oh, we forgot to ever tell you that you're a clone...."

: )
These things reminded me "Universal Soldier" issues with Van Damm" :rolleyes:

H

HollyLoree

Oh, so science says it's so, and that makes it so? :confused:

I ask this over and over, but if life does not begin at conception, please tell me on which day of development we may consider the life human, and worthy of our protection.
Nah. I'm sure they're all just lying to us, because they all have no conscience whatsoever. They have to have foul, corrupt motives. They just have to! I just know not a cotton picking one of them is a Christian! And if they are, they must totally misguided or brainwashed or something. Every last one of um!

Again, there is nothing to protect but tissue that lasts less than a few days. No heart, brain, lungs. I'd say that's when it's not worthy of our protection. However, science that can help human beings? Save dying children? That's worth our protection. You want to be a totally paranoid fanatic, and you'll be one of those Christians that do nothing but deface the credibility of Christianity.

B

Batman007

Cloning is amazing! Regardless of whether you agree or not, it's absolutely amazing that science has advanced to this point. And this can solve a lot of problems for us! However, we will have to set some laws in place now that this technology is emerging. This isn't anything the world has had to deal with before, so establishing some ethics surrounding it definitely needs to happen. Still, it's really brilliant and exciting!

J

jerusalem

i have read that 0 neg blood types cannot be cloned.....i think they have a few things to work out yet.....im not settled on where i personally stand on this one ....my understanding is that they can retrieve isolated stem cells from your own body and relocate them where needed so why a needfor this other