husbands wives and neuropsychs (it nearly ryhmes)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mrpower

Hi :)

Firstly I guess I should say I'm hoping a neuropsych, a counseling psych, or just some really smart husbands and wives who may have thought about the 'whys' of their neurological makeup.

*shakes head* Anyhoo... I've been pondering the concept of sexuality as a predisposition for a paper I was asked to write in Ethics last semester. Now, before we get all poopy, be at ease. This isn't about homosexuality or anything else the bible teaches about. Merely sexual preferences between a loving husband and wife.

Like most things, especially the parts we perceive as parts of our psychological make-up; does an individuals sexuality and how they enjoy intimacy with their husband or wife come as a predisposed inherency; something that is derived through environmental stimuli in concert with a predisposition; or, derived from entirely environmental stimuli?

Ideally I would prefer speculation and conjecture only from married couples or anyone with a theoretical or practicing background in physiology/psychology.

Many thanks, Daniel

J

Jullianna

I was married for 15 years and have a lot of married/unmarried girlfriends who have confided in me, but I can only speak to the female side of this. I tend to think it is more environment and nuture. Women who have insecurity issues seem to go one of two ways: They either have very little interest in sex because they are not comfortable with their bodies or they allow themselves to be used in extremely degrading ways because they think that's the only thing they have to offer a man.

I have also worked with and been friends with several lesbians and, without exception, they had all be very hurt by men in their early years: Everything from having been repeatedly told they were ugly to sexual abuse to having been engaged to someone who cheated on them.

A healthy relationships with FAMILY...for women, a healthy relationship with their fathers, plays a very important role in a woman's sexual confidence. In my life, it was my mother who taught me to be a lady, but it was my stepfather who gave me confidence as a woman, helped me to appreciate my worth and encouraged me to try new things in life. While he and I never talked about these things with regard to sex, there is absolutely a direct correlation.

I can't really speak as to how men are affected other than one thing I observed in working with and around men for MANY years and overhearing a LOT of conversations I wish I hadn't: It seems like the smarter the guy, the more interested he is in experimenting with more unusual things.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: