hypothetical question!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

fantasiafelice

if you were a preacher how would you spread the word of god?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Bible in hand and let the Holy spirit do the talking.

Feb 16, 2011
I would preach the things that relate to the people I am talking to, even the things that most people do not want to hear.

R

rainacorn

The answer is in the question.

Preaching the word of God.

U

Ugly

If i were a preacher i'd be focusing on feeding my flock above spreading the gospel. I'd be teaching my congregation to spread the gospel in their daily lives. To be the ones to be witnesses. Being a witness isn't inviting your friends to church so the pastor can do all the work. Its each person talking it out and living it out, then bringing them to church to feed them and help them grow.
I believe that's one reason for so many weak Christians. Christians are taught to bring the unsaved to church. Then sit each week and listen to salvation messages designed for the unsaved. So they don't get the weekly teaching and they don't really have to learn to discuss their faith too much. They just learn to convince people to come to church and listen to the pastor.

T

Therapon

I would preach the things that relate to the people I am talking to, even the things that most people do not want to hear.
I am a pastor and I've done exactly what you suggest right here on this forum. Problem is, nobody wants to listen if what is taught goes against some dogma they already believe. Belief has very little to truth, people believe what they want to believe, true or not.

Feb 17, 2010
God appoints His preachers, so I guess they will spread it exactly like Jesus would have. Eph 4:11 to 13. For the purpose of perfecting the saints!

C

Crossfire

if you were a preacher how would you spread the word of god?
I absolutely adore church history, in particular the Revivalists of the 1700s & 1800s. I could sit all day and read about the lives & ministries of John Wycliffe, John Huss, George Fox, David Brainard, George Whitefield, the Wesley Brothers, Charles Finney, William Booth & Evan Roberts. Their testimonies stir my faith in the belief that it isn't too late for a mighty move of God in the United States.

Once I'm finished with this current season of my life, I plan to evangelize throughout the entire Appalachian Mountain chain starting from Alabama and make my way north into Pennsylvania and Ohio.:)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I cannot answer, as I could never be a preacher.
But I do know we are all called to witness, some preachers, some healers, some prophacy..... I believe in this way we are all preachers in the way we are called in Jesus.
I just try to always welcome a person into my home or garden, and wait of them, serving them icecream with home made rassberry syrup, or a goodcuppa tea and jam cake, as it has always been put on my heart to heal through a quiet place of peace, delight , laughter, and the love of Jesus.
Sometimes one just needs a quiet , safe place to spend time with Jesus.

God bless
pickles

Oct 20, 2011
I think youtube video's are probably one of the best things. So like do one addressing each area. Like say do one on the issue of suicide. Then get into talking about God's views of it to try and point them away from it and show them there's hope. then do that for each topic one could possibly thing of where someone who's hurting might look up a subject. So another might be "alcoholizm" "abuse" "hiv" or "homosexuality" etc etc or whatever. So if you did say 100 videos. And say each only get 1 view per day. That' means you're sharing the message with 100 people daily. I should do that ahhh!!!

C

Crossfire

I think youtube video's are probably one of the best things. So like do one addressing each area. Like say do one on the issue of suicide. Then get into talking about God's views of it to try and point them away from it and show them there's hope. then do that for each topic one could possibly thing of where someone who's hurting might look up a subject. So another might be "alcoholizm" "abuse" "hiv" or "homosexuality" etc etc or whatever. So if you did say 100 videos. And say each only get 1 view per day. That' means you're sharing the message with 100 people daily. I should do that ahhh!!!
One of the things I want to do here at the Ministry school that I'm now affiliated with is getting the writing and media teams together in order to organize & produce short videos anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes long specifically geared to evangelize and minister to today's young adults through the internet and smart phones.

L

Laodicea

The Bible says there are different ministries of which we are all a part of. The best way to spread the word of God is for the church to work together as the Bible says we are all part of one body but, Christ is the head.