I almost drowned!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BeauBLESSED

I have been staying in New South Wales with my mum this weekend visiting some old friends, and today I was blessed with an outing to the beach with one of these, Ashleigh. We just sat and talked until a chance meeting with some boys from school goaded us to get moving a bit.

Everybody else went in the water at first, and after a moment's thought I did too. The others were jumping off the rocks and I aptly joined in. After two exciting, heart-racing leaps, on the third I was not so lucky...

As I brought my head above water a surprise humunga dunga wave enveloped it once again, filling my nose and lungs with salt and water. Put off by the sneak attack and difficulty breathing I lost the strength to swim, leaving me at the mercy of the waves, pulling and pushing me to and fro, with the big waves filling my orifices with more water.

Here's where God came in, because two of these boys, Chris and Blake, were motivated to jump right in and help me back to the rocks; battling the water made me weak and the salt and gasped air gave me a dizzy head but Chris stayed with me until I had the energy to amble my way back to the shore... I stumbled a lot but I have Ashleigh to thank for helping me along.

I only have God to thank for calling Chris and Blake to perform their brave act, and ultimately, for blessing me with the champions I call friends.

Thank you. :)

A

AnandaHya

i'm glad you are still here with us

F

Firefighter-Girl

Thats almost happen to me once. it was scary. You might want to go to a doctor though cause near drowning experiences can cause a pulmonary embolism.

B

BeauBLESSED

Thats almost happen to me once. it was scary. You might want to go to a doctor though cause near drowning experiences can cause a pulmonary embolism.
I figured I would be not the only one. Would you like to share your experiences with a fellow drowner? ^-^;
Also, what is a pulmonary embolism?

B

BeauBLESSED

Oh, and thank you, AnandaHya. I thought I was a goner! ^-^;

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
Wow.. Praise God you're still here!

B

BeauBLESSED

I know right!? There's so much I still have yet to do.

"Hang on, I'll transfer your call!"