I am a cart attendant.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

I am a cart attendant, not a very popular job. However, God has taught me much by it. I had this boss who wanted me to get all of the carts in the entire lot, even the ones that belonged to other stores. She wanted me to put theirs back in their lot and to get all of ours from their lot. I don't think she put this demand on the other cart attendants, or whether they did it or not. I began to complain to God about it. And then he reminded me that a shepherd, when a sheep is lost, goes out to get it, even if it is one. And I wasn’t satisfied. I said, “these carts have no life in them.” And he reminded me that those that are lost have no life in them either.

You see, Jesus is The Life, and all those who are without him have no life in them. Jesus is the Good Shepherd. I still get angry, even today, at the people who push the carts that belong to our store, half a mile to another store, plainly knowing and seeing that they are color coated. But, can I get mad at the lifeless cart? Should I toss it around like it is to blame?

We do not fight against lifeless men, but against the evil spirits that lead them astray. Yes, even if one cart is lead astray, it is our reasonable service to go get it, because our boss will hold us responsible if we don’t, seeing that it is our duty by the Lord. Jesus Christ himself came as the Good Shepherd, to seek and save that which was lost and without life. Yea, he is the breath of life from the beginning.

I will tell you more. There was another night in the parking lot. Another store’s cart was in our lot, our store was closed and I was rather rushed. I dreaded the idea of pushing it all the way to their store (it wasn‘t my job, I thought). Then I was reminded again of our Lord. Jesus came for the Jews. We were just Gentile carts. We were not a part of the flock, but we were grafted in just as if we were. No one was watching me, I could have left it, but again, this is my reasonable service, to save not only those of my flock, but even those, if they are lost, of another.

God bless you all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some scriptures that I looked up afterward:

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Joh 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Gen 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Mat 18:12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Mat 18:13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

LOL! God is so awesome. I never have to remember a thing! It just comes from the mouth of the truth!

T

tattat

Awesome testimony and life application. - and of course i just look to see who posted it, and its you, Ramon. :) what can I say. Speechless