I am Homesick for Christ and Heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2015
I'm 67, so I have put up with this world a long time, most of my time spend here were sour grapes, or whatever the saying is.

I long to see the one who took my place that I may live with him forever, I long to see him of whom it was said, The Father himself loves you.

I long to experience great joy in my soul, to see the elders cast their crowns at Jesus feet and then to see them wonderously appear again back on their heads.

I want to enter in unto perfect peace and love and maybe know some people who have gone before.

I want the former things of my life to be forgotten and never come to mind.

Chiefly, I want to see the one who died for me and willing excepted separation from the Father that I may be joined unto the Father.

B

biblicalsandy

I'm 67, so I have put up with this world a long time, most of my time spend here were sour grapes, or whatever the saying is.

I long to see the one who took my place that I may live with him forever, I long to see him of whom it was said, The Father himself loves you.

I long to experience great joy in my soul, to see the elders cast their crowns at Jesus feet and then to see them wonderously appear again back on their heads.

I want to enter in unto perfect peace and love and maybe know some people who have gone before.

Chiefly, I want to see the one who died for me and willing excepted separation from the Father that I may be joined unto the Father.
Me too! :)

M

MadParrotWoman

It is understandable that you feel this way, many of us do - sick of this twisted perverted world we were never destined for. We crave for what is ahead for us, our one true home. We watch in dismay as the world becomes more corrupt where anything goes and everything is acceptable except perhaps Christianity. We welcome anything and everything despite what God says in His word. Yep I get you, I'm with you.

R

Rudimental

How can you miss something you've never seen or even been able to imagine about?

J/K! I know how you feel! So does the whole entire universe for it is written..

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

However, we also know that there will be new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. There will be no sorrow, neither weeping nor crying. The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Attachments

Dec 1, 2014
While I was reading your post, passing through, I thought I heard violins playing in the background. Wow...67 yrs young and you long for heaven, the future but never mention anything about sharing CHRIST with the present world that HE has you living in. What good is that? Moses was 80 when GOD called him to lead a nation to the Promised Land. The bible is full of older people who have surrendered to GOD, giving Him High praise and having a mission to fulfill. What is your present mission? Do I have to type it out for you? Take up your cross and follow JESUS CHRIST...this means that you share, you broadcast, you open your mind and heart to HIM, leading and connecting others to JESUS while you are on this earth. Payday will come soon enough, but what good are we if we sit and moan for the future with HIM, while the present world is dying without HIM. You can be that somebody who leads someone else to JESUS. Why not take someone else to that 'perfect peace and love" instead of wanting it just for yourself. Share HIS joy with others and you just might not want to leave this earth so soon while you still have life to praise HIM with.

T

Tinuviel

I think all Christians feel this way at times, probably the closer you get to home the stronger and more persistent the feeling is. The challenge is to view this life--sinful and perverted as it is--as a great and wondrous gift! I chance to live for Christ and suffer with him! The challenge is to say with Paul, "for me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Passing through I know just how you feel. I am young and haven't been saved very long yet my soul longs to go home my heart cries out to him. Just yesterday as I was lying in bed I have no idea what came over me but I suddenly out of nowhere became so very homesick, I was overwhelmed with my intimate love for him as if it was gushing out of me uncontrollably.

I told him how badly I wanted to be with him I was in tears and yet these tears were not sadness but tears of love, it was as if my tear was filled with my feelings and love for him and I could imagine Jesus looking at me with loving understanding like he knew and understood my deep feelings of love for him and wanting to be with him almost as if he was feeling exactly as I was as if he wanted me to be with him just as badly as I did, it's almost as if he was saying to my heart that he is coming for us quickly so hold on just a tiny bit longer.

What I wouldn't give to be with him, every treasure I have ever stored up in heaven and all the titles and crowns glory and honor I would possibly have I would sacrifice all of that in a heart beat just to be with him. I can't help but think many of us are experiencing our souls being homesick because perhaps our souls somehow know how close that time really is

S

sassylady

I feel so ready to go. Yes there are things I wish I could have, like a house of my own, better income and some horses, but I can forget that in a heartbeat if I had to choose between staying here and going Home. When you think about it no matter how much you have here it will never be as good as we will have it one day.

R

Rudimental

Yeah imagine if you woke up today and never had to worry about things like getting in a car crash, or having to hear about any heartbreaking tragedy or wars, famines, natural disasters etc. Imagine going about your daily life knowing that you could never die or get hurt no matter what happens. It's life how it was supposed to be from the start.

But like good old Bob says in One Love, "as it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end"

Give thanks and praise to the Lord, and I will feel alright. :)
One Love - One Heart.
[video=youtube;vdB-8eLEW8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdB-8eLEW8g[/video]

One love people! One love!

C

cuz

I understand just how you feel and in the heart we are already there just not in the flesh yet and i to long to see that day .
your writing is beautiful :)