I am new here and I need someone to talk to

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 8, 2017
2 Corinthians 12:9 - "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
You've come to the right place. Blessings in the Name of the Lord.

Jan 5, 2017
I'm sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty still. I would suggest you open your Bible (or biblegateway.com) and do a study on the word love. Maybe that doesn't sound inviting. Just do it anyway. As you follow the path of the word I think it will begin to grow in you as you understand more fully what Jesus did for you because of His love. His love makes everything possible. That is the only thing you hang onto that is permanent. People for sure aren't and that is a mistake if you hang your value on them. You are precious to Jesus and He knows you better than anyone else. Focus. Focus on how He loves you. It will make a huge change in your life. Blessings, and I have prayed for you.

C

chrstnbelle

Yes, that is what I've been doing lately. I'm always homebound so I read the Bible and attend to as much Church activitie I can attend to. Everything just feels so overwhelming. I am so clueless of what I should be doing with my life. I feel so left behind by everyone around me. I'm days away to the beginning of another term in school and still unsure of whether I'll be able to enroll while all my friends are almost graduating. Everyone seems to be having a good time while I lay on my bed all day everyday for months now. I can feel that Jesus is healing me little by little, I just feel so lost and confused and lonely.

S

sojames

Yes, that is what I've been doing lately. I'm always homebound so I read the Bible and attend to as much Church activitie I can attend to. Everything just feels so overwhelming. I am so clueless of what I should be doing with my life. I feel so left behind by everyone around me. I'm days away to the beginning of another term in school and still unsure of whether I'll be able to enroll while all my friends are almost graduating. Everyone seems to be having a good time while I lay on my bed all day everyday for months now. I can feel that Jesus is healing me little by little, I just feel so lost and confused and lonely.

complete surrender

C

chrstnbelle

I just found out today that he's so much happier now. It has only been less than 2 months and he's dating the girl I've been so jealous about before we broke up. They have been traveling a lot. He has deleted all my photos and he looks so in love. It hurts so bad. But I'm trying so hard to be okay.

J

joefizz

Im 24 and ive never had a relationship but I know what the bible says...when a man and woman marry they are as one but clearly in your case you were the only one caring and thus is why it couldnt work two halves make a whole when he foolishly broke away he became on his own and though you say he is happier he may never truly be happy because if he can't even be a mere half in a relationship then he will never be truly whole just as it says in the bible a house divided against itself will not stand the principle applies here as well so as long as you are still willing to be a half that can make a whole with someoneelse then god willing you can still become whole just keep pressing on with god til you find that someone.

W

WilloWind

I understand exactly how you feel right now, last year my family went through what I consider the biggest ordeal we've ever had to face. My father was an alcoholic for most of his life and during the last 5 years he took a turn for the worst; my brother and I fought like never before to try to keep him alive and help him but it was too late, He had distanced himself from us from the moment he divorced my mom. We didn't have enough money to care for my father so we had to rely on public health care system, which in my country means very little could be done. We spent everything we had and we couldn't save him, but we had each other and we had my mom and above all, I KNEW and I can tell you, I KNOW God was with us all the way, every little thing that happened, the circumstances, momentum, He was there. I know He prevented the worst from happening and at least on his final moments and days alive(regardless of the fact that he said he hated my brother and I because of his illness)we know we did the best we could and so he passed away with dignity.
We found out horrible things people we trusted said and did to us, we were betrayed many times, used even; some people will do that when someone else is going through horrible times.

Don't ever put the weight of what they're doing on yourself, right now it might seem like the world is against you but this is not true, this is an opportunity God is giving you...see it as chance to find out who the people that deserve your love and care really are.
It'd be wrong of me to say: "Don't cry". You can and emotionally it'd probably be good for you if you did. But NEVER forget that God loves you like nobody else ever will; talk to Him, fill your life with His word and try to take one day at a time. Surround yourself with people who care for you, those who truly offer you moments of solace and understanding, the people that bring you closer to Him. Through them you'll see God's work, you'll know how He's helping you if you pay more close attention.

All of this will pass and you'll find yourself stronger than ever. I know I did.

God bless you, sister.

W

WilloWind

I understand exactly how you feel right now, last year my family went through what I consider the biggest ordeal we've ever had to face. My father was an alcoholic for most of his life and during the last 5 years he took a turn for the worst; my brother and I fought like never before to try to keep him alive and help him but it was too late. He had distanced himself from us from the moment he divorced my mom. We didn't have enough money to care for my father so we had to rely on public health care system, which in my country means very little could be done. We spent everything we had and we couldn't save him, but we had each other and we had my mom and above all, I KNEW and I can tell you, I KNOW God was with us all the way, every little thing that happened, the circumstances, momentum, He was there. I know He prevented the worst from happening and at least on his final moments and days alive(regardless of the fact that he said he hated my brother and I because of his illness)we know we did the best we could and so he passed away with dignity.
We found out horrible things people we trusted said and did to us, we were betrayed many times, used even; some people will do that when someone else is going through horrible times.

Don't ever put the weight of what they're doing on yourself, right now it might seem like the world is against you but this is not true, this is an opportunity God is giving you...see it as chance to find out who the people that deserve your love and care really are.
It'd be wrong of me to say: "Don't cry". You can and emotionally it'd probably be good for you if you did. But NEVER forget that God loves you like nobody else ever will; talk to Him, fill your life with His word and try to take one day at a time. Surround yourself with people who care for you, those who truly offer you moments of solace and understanding, the people that bring you closer to Him. Through them you'll see God's work, you'll know how He's helping you if you pay more close attention.

All of this will pass and you'll find yourself stronger than ever. I know I did.

God bless you, sister.

C

chrstnbelle

Thank you so much for constantly inspiring me to hold on tighter to my faith. God has brought me here when I was lost and alone and I know that I made the right choice of being here. I will keep on pushing and will definitely keep you posted on my progress.

H

Hi2u

Wow.. you did shoulder a heavy burden... Your situation kinda similiar with mine

I have a burden too.. my parents was retired already, i was separated with a child and my ex husband has no responsibility if paying for our child support, instead he left us some debts.. but fortunately I still have savings and still have jobs.. Sometimes my salary is enough, sometimes there's a sudden expenses like medical expenses, my brother tution fees, etc that keeps reducing my savings..

Please don't relay to human(especially man), human sometimes cannot keeps their words & promises. But GOD is good, he won't let you a burden that exceed your capability..

Like me, now Im trying to be more independent, even tough sometimes Im sad when I saw how my ex was very irresponsible, my friends are drifted away because now I rarely going out with them, sometimes when I'm soo down, I will start thinking what if I go seek rich man (I hv a nice face, people said) and married off.. But of course that is silly, i wont marry someone based from his economical status, my marriage is broken because i didnt married a good man and now Im not so interested to start a relationship anymore. Love could strengthen us, but also could weaken us we we choose the wrong man.

Happiness is comes within our hearts first, this Bible verse keeps me away from bitterness: "Proverbs 17:22 A joyful hearts is good medicine.."
So everytime I feel sad & feeling my burden is heavy, I always remember this verse.. To keep happy,. no matter what happen don't let people see how sad & misrable you are. Keep thankful to God he wont let me carry a too heavy burden but he trains me and shape me into a stronger person & more independent.

Dont let your situation drags you down... There is Ups & down in our life, Im praying that you will pass it soon... I hope you could solve your problem.. be happy & thankful..

Last edited:
C

chrstnbelle

Update: my guardian who took good care of me and my siblings our entire lives passed away this afternoon and I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND. WHY. THIS. LIFE. HAS. TO. BE. SO. PAINFUL. He's my bestfriend, my mother, my father rolled into one person and he's the one I'm closest to. I can't bear with the pain anymore. I don't want to wake up knowing I'm never going to hear his voice anymore. I miss him so much. And what makes it worse is that he suffered so so so much. HELP ME.

May 28, 2017
If nothing else helps, feel free to talk to me, We can talk through anything you want! Ill support you!