I am NOT happy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
The whole 'not happy' thing went against the school motto which was why it was so shocking when the then principal announced it to me. lol

The others schools motto was Aspire, Succeed and Respect. But that principal of that one was the one who quashed a lot of childrens dreams by not letting them do anything. Also, it seemed the children didnt know what aspire meant and kept saying it was 'expire'.

the next schools motto is 'to wisdom with honor' so will be kind of interesting how that plays out. I think a lot of education is dumbed down these days and nobodys really learning much.

Teachers and aides say many children dont have social skills anymore. I think parents can be quite clueless on raising families now. But its not the done thing to admit that you have noooo idea what to do when you have children. Grandparents are often absent or not prepared to be an important part of their grandchildrens lives. Maybe they are too old to care.

I know one girl went overseas to go to her grandmas funeral as the grandma had decided to kill herself by euthanasia as they do in holland - she wanted everyone to be there for that event. The grandaughter hadnt met her grandmother prior to that and had only a week with her before she decided to die. ?!
Sad but true.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if its raining tomorrow I wont go out walking and will login Im just remind myself here to do so

I have read a bit about schools in aussie and the education sector seems just as dire as nz. Though secondary strike action here has been called off, but this time its universities announcing cutting of staff.

Maybe the young just wont have an education anymore now everythings falling apart.
Im not sure what the alternatives going to be, though I think theres a case for not making education compulsory and having it free for all ages though. I dont know how it will work though. Jesus said you dont need anyone to teach you. 1 John 2:27

Maybe everyone will just be anointed and teachers will be out of a job.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
if its raining tomorrow I wont go out walking and will login Im just remind myself here to do so

I have read a bit about schools in aussie and the education sector seems just as dire as nz. Though secondary strike action here has been called off, but this time its universities announcing cutting of staff.

Maybe the young just wont have an education anymore now everythings falling apart.
Im not sure what the alternatives going to be, though I think theres a case for not making education compulsory and having it free for all ages though. I dont know how it will work though. Jesus said you dont need anyone to teach you. 1 John 2:27

You just made me realise how many school teachers are in the church here.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia

I had to do another group, this is the correct one for tomorrow.
We have been hearing about the book of Acts.

https://join.skype.com/S5KwLnGvSHiZ

resto

Feb 25, 2019

Here in the US Private(Charter schools) have been growing for the last 20+ years. Most charter schools are Christian Based. Online Schools have been growing too. So has Co Op Home schooling, where 10 Families pool resources and contract Teaches to oversee and Manage the classes. When covid happened and schools closed, Online Homeschooling Co Op numbers doubled.. Now non Christians swear by Christian Schools whether Online or in person. Their kids are much better to raise and the Children like the system. Even Online Universities have been popular here. Teaches are now better paid and less stressed. The quality of teaches has also improved.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
skype doesnt work on my computer

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in nz they dont have charter schools now they got scrapped and they dont get funding.
There are some christian schools and preschools but there are also catholic and denominational schools.

some public schools have Bible some dont, depends on the Principal and the Board of Trustees, some have PTAs and some dont. The Bible college up the road sold off its student accommodation and pretty much sold out early to secular concerns.

Its a bit random but in nz its tomorrows schools meaning there is not really much oversight each school is run kind of like its own independent business. I think this means Principals have a lot more power but they can also abuse their position and Ive seen that happen a lot.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
we have private schools but they arent charter schools thats something different.
charter schools were able to get funding from the govt. Private schools can be like exam factories and some are like diploma mills. Universities that dont attract foreigns students have been going under as thats where the funding comes from. To keep afloat theyve built a massive business school which means all the other faculties have had to cut back. But most of those graduates will leave the country once they have their degree.

Im not sure what the answer is, have done many courses where you complete a certificate and there are actually no job opportunites here at the end of it. Its so crazy.

I remember even completing a mission course but not being able go go on any mission after it. Nobody looks after graduates here. You are on your own. I dont think its the case in other countries where if you garaduate people will go round looking for you to snap you up because they really want fresh talent and give you opportunities and thats a real let down if youve studied and given up a lot of time and money to do it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy Naturist and welcome to the forum.

I'm talking to a group of friends right now in Skype, so mine is working too. Whatsapp, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, IRC and etc. are also doing great.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Revelation 22:11 KJV
He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still:
and he that is holy,
let him be holy still.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Revelation 22:11 KJV
He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still:
and he that is holy,
let him be holy still.
I've been reminded of this scripture lately too. Judgement is coming. I'm not sure why I feel this way lately but seems like when you fall from grace there's only a certain amount of time left to get back up. Though as believers we must be careful not to let Satan snatch anyone out of God's hands.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have facetime but no skype.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
I just saw a word “Naturist”
Which reminded me of that verse
in Rev 22:11.
And reminds me of this verse too…
Philippians 3:19 KJV
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Time for fasting and prayer...a lot of christians do not fast at all. So their prayers are often ineffective.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is a naturist club in my area
People walk round naked like in the garden of Eden and have no shame
I think they sincerely believe thats a good thing, but that will not really work in a damp and cool climate.

Maybe in tropical countries they can do that and not get bitten by mosquitos.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My old skool principal is overseas and doesnt want me texting her or keeping in touch because it costs money

she'll be back in November so I suppose she just made a lucky escape. sigh

I wonder where she went, probably to Australia. It seems like everyone is going there, even Taylor Swift wont come to NZ because we dont have enough people here to fill a stadium.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Good news though, P!nk is coming here next year.

Is she bringing Jesus with her, I'd like to know.