I am thankful for... (make a list)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
I thought it might be a good idea to make a thread where we list the things in life that we are thankful for.

The scripture says that we should be thankful in all circumstances. There is power in gratitude because when we are grateful we can't be hateful. When we give thanks we don't feel angst.

Lets take a close look at our lives and take note of the things we should be thankful for, things which are often overlooked in the hustle and bustle of day-to-day living.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV)

So show us your list, and thank you. :)

Ok, here is mine..

I am thankful to Almighty God for...

- my health
- my family
- my parents
- my friends (you know who you are ;))
- my sight
- my hearing
- my car which has been extremely reliable despite its age and mileage
- a peaceful home and peaceful neighbors
- for keeping me fed and sheltered in time of need
- for giving me the ability to appreciate beauty and simple pleasures
- for giving me patience and self control in those times when I was able to resist temptation
- for keeping me and my loved ones safe
- for giving me much more than I ever deserved and more than I could ever repay
- last but not least, thank you God for your incredible patience and mercy. I would be helpless without them.

J

Jullianna

A holy God who loves, saves, heals, directs, gives wisdom and holds my life together.

The precious gift He gave me in my son.

My family.

My friends.

The ability to love.

The ability to learn.

My job.

Oh...and strawberries, chocolate and gummybears :D

V

violakat

Definitly agree with strawberries and chocolate

I'm thankful for a God, that despite my failures and despite my insecurities, still loves me and calls me His own.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Wow. WAY too many to list. But I have been particularly thankful lately for three situations that He has gotten me out of.

K

kayem77

I thank him for those times when He has been all I need when nothing else was left. I don't know what I would do without that hope. I thank him for all he provides, for all his blessings, and all the people that he has put in my life, even the annoying ones.

I also thank him because I can find mexican candies in SoCalifornia :)

B

Beloved57

I'm thankful for a God who gives so many second chances, I have lost count, of how many I have gotten.

The Bible
Prayer
Football (American and Australian)
That after watching last nights rerun of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, I'm definitely not.

B

Beloved57

I almost forgot for the kind words of Shirley, during hard times.

C

CatWoman

I am alive and feeling better.

Its been a struggle for me since last fall. If its not my mental health bothering me its my physical health. Im addressing one problem at a time.

Life is good, I just wish I had more energy