I believe God is speaking to me this morning...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nancyer

This morning, as I do almost every morning, after taking my son to school I came home, turned on TBN, got my notebook and bible and Diet Pepsi (ok, my coffee is carbonated), and sat down to watch Joseph Prince. When Joseph is over I turn to Joyce Meyer. I take notes from each teaching, writing their scripture references from my NIV. this morning Joseph spoke on Letting Go and Letting God's Blessings Flow. When we stop worrying God will step in. Worrying squashes the works of God. The devil uses our worries to block God's provisions and test our faith. The holiest thing we can do is rest; be in God's rest
I took a page of notes. I felt it spoke to me since I have started a new job as a sales consultant and have not been getting the sales I was hoping I would. I pray before each appointment for God to bless this meeting, allow this client to accept what I offer, etc. My finances are not where they need to be right now, being out of work since early Dec., a lot of bills and expenses (sales requires driving which requires gas...).

So then I turn to Joyce Meyer. She spoke on being content and emotionally stable, not letting the problems of the day upset you, not to worry because it takes away what God could be doing. John 14:27 My peace I leave with you... It's all about trusting God, He has purposes we don't understand. Worrying does no good anyway, it won't change anything it just makes us miserable. Give all our concerns to God and leave them there.

Do you see a pattern here? So when Joyce was over I went to my computer to check if I have morning appointments today, nothing so far, and I left the tv on. While sitting here Jeremy Pearsons came on (I haven't watched him before) and his teaching was on NOT WORRYING! Giving up all our cares and concerns to God and let Him handle them in His way and His timing.

I do spend far too much time mentally on what I could have said, could have offered, could have done to sell that last client. If only God would....then I could pay this....I could put more in the offering plate this Sunday....I could help that guy on the corner....

So I am vowing to stop worrying over these things and let God take over. If I sell my next client so be it and Praise God! If I don't, then so be it and Praise God! Praise God! The sun came up so Praise God! Thank you God for everything, today, yesterday and all my tomorrows!

A

Ariel82

:) Don't worry, be happy :) 2625353864_1380791c08.jpg

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
I too used to worry about situations that happened and has not happen but I think might happen.
When I think back about it I feel real silly/stupid about it.
Worrying does not change the situation or take it away but it casues sleepless nights, anxiety, steals your peace etc.
We need to fix our eyes on Jesus, rest in Him and leave everything in His hands.

Philippians 4 Do not be anxious about anything but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hands and your minds in Christ Jesus"

N

Nancyer

Philippians 4 Do not be anxious about anything but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hands and your minds in Christ Jesus"[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is one of my favorite scriptures! Bless you. I was just sent a new appointment for 11 am. I'm leaving it in God's hands as to how it turns out. Praise and thanks go to God! Amen.

N

Nancyer

:) Don't worry, be happy OTE]

Thank you and God Bless you. This is the day that the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

G

GreenNnice

The Word is ALIVE, through Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, who sits at the right hand of my Lord and my God, as Thomas the apostle so what said eloquently and unquestionably :)

Let you, nance, see His Hand ALIVE! in everything you do. We only breath our next breath because of God .

Follow Him, may your hope be in His Spirit leading you, Fox dwelling in you, for He does (1 John 4:12) ABIDE in us, in our Earthly dwelling that in Him IS a spiritual home, a temple of His own living. And, He LIVES ALIVE in you :)

Never lose faith, keep your whole heart seeking Him, your faith given by God, 'measured,' will only grow more and more alive as He provides the increase in your life, in ALL areas that you are giving Him all the glory ! Amen Halelujah ! Praise the Lord (Psalms 148)

Some powerful words from the holy, inspired writings of Paul through our Lord, Jesus Christ, and, remember , your sales work is where He wants you, that 'speeding' for this season of your life. In due time (His!), He will lift you up one day to be with Him, and, on Earth, following His 'spirited' leading will lift you up, too. :)

The Day of the Lord

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you
like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. (In your sales work, nance, God will show you how to 'build' your clients up :) 'How' is in verses 16,17,18, keep reading :) )

Final Instructions

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

Aug 15, 2009
Nancyer, you are correct about trusting God and not worrying about your situation. But as for why those televangelists all said the same thing, that's an entirely different matter. I would suggest doing some heavy-duty research on your favorite televangelists as well as research the Scripture to strengthen your faith. Not trying to be contrary, mind you, but you really do need to check those people out.

A

Abiding

Its called programming. :p
The word of God is true, and yes that is God talking to us(through His Word). Trust and obey.

N

Nancyer

Some powerful words from the holy, inspired writings of Paul through our Lord, Jesus Christ, and, remember , your sales work is where He wants you, that 'speeding' for this season of your life. In due time (His!), He will lift you up one day to be with Him, and, on Earth, following His 'spirited' leading will lift you up, too. :)

The Day of the Lord

Thank you so much, GreenNnice, those words are appreciated and I will consider and think on them further. I love the input and insight. Could you specify where to find those writings of Paul - book and chapter, I mean? God bless you and your wisdom.

N

Nancyer

To Stephen63: I appreciate the concern and have always been leery of "televangelists" myself. But how do we define that word? Is it a bad thing by definition? Or is that a specific part of the "Preaching" population?
I have been listening to Joyce Meyer for over 4 years and own several of her books. She is straight forward, down to earth, and tells it like it is. She doesn't sugar coat things. I found Joseph about a year and a half ago and I like him very much because he gives a lot of historical references such as the original Greek definitions and explains how some of the Hebrew words were formed (read right to left, each letter is a picture, together it means...etc.) Neither of them are Prosperity Preachers, for lack of a better term. I used to listen to Joel Osteen but felt he focused far too much on the prosperity God can and will bring so I stopped. I don't send any of them money, although I have ordered 1 book from Joyce's program. I tend to think of televangelists as flashy, rhinestone wearing, "holly roller" type of preachers who do healing right there on the stage, who profess miracles in order to get you to donate, donate, donate to God. I may be wrong in the actual definition but I enjoy Joyce and Joseph's teachings, which I feel are based on sound doctrine. If they start spewing my salvation is based on how much I'm willing to give up for their causes I will reconsider. Would be happy to hear more thoughts on the subject if you have any.

G

Graybeard

Tune in to Perry Stone sometime.....

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
About 3 weeks ago I fell out with someone and was out of sorts, so I stepped away to think and pray. The next day I turned on the tv to watch my lunch show and the pastor was talking about forgiveness. I came to the forums that afternoon and was directed to a post by a believer who spoke of forgiveness and selfishness. Later that same day I watched my evening show and the pastor was talking about forgiving those who wronged you. 3 times God told me to forgive, in the one same day.

He works in 3's with me to get my attention, as this has happened on several occasions.

Some will deny that God works in situations like these. They will say you imagine it. Yes, we study God's word, but we all have a personal relationship with Him. He speaks to His children in several different ways.

I'm not talking about seeing the number 3 on a road sign or anything like that, I'm talking about specific things which are from God, where He gives me the message 3 times. Not that I'm disobedient or anything, because I was going to forgive the individuals the next day, just that He wanted to confirm the message to me and so I could learn from the messages I was directed to. This humbled me.

God is amazing!!! :)

I will pray for you, that you hand all worries over to God. A scripture that comes to mind is...

Philippians 4:6: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"

H

hattiebod

About 3 weeks ago I fell out with someone and was out of sorts, so I stepped away to think and pray. The next day I turned on the tv to watch my lunch show and the pastor was talking about forgiveness. I came to the forums that afternoon and was directed to a post by a believer who spoke of forgiveness and selfishness. Later that same day I watched my evening show and the pastor was talking about forgiving those who wronged you. 3 times God told me to forgive, in the one same day.

He works in 3's with me to get my attention, as this has happened on several occasions.

Some will deny that God works in situations like these. They will say you imagine it. Yes, we study God's word, but we all have a personal relationship with Him. He speaks to His children in several different ways.

I'm not talking about seeing the number 3 on a road sign or anything like that, I'm talking about specific things which are from God, where He gives me the message 3 times. Not that I'm disobedient or anything, because I was going to forgive the individuals the next day, just that He wanted to confirm the message to me and so I could learn from the messages I was directed to. This humbled me.

God is amazing!!! :)

I will pray for you, that you hand all worries over to God. A scripture that comes to mind is...

Philippians 4:6: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"
This is God in Action! Amazing and wonderful. He will use many ways to get our attention, His Word but alos other brothers and sisters, TV, radio....even CC :) because He is an inventive and surprising God and never tires of showing us the way we ought to go. I do not believe in coincidences, they are for those who do not know God. His message is all around us! God Bless. <><

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
This is God in Action! Amazing and wonderful. He will use many ways to get our attention, His Word but alos other brothers and sisters, TV, radio....even CC :) because He is an inventive and surprising God and never tires of showing us the way we ought to go. I do not believe in coincidences, they are for those who do not know God. His message is all around us! God Bless. <><
Amen!!! :)