I choose God this time

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LostSheep4God

New member
Oct 8, 2026
3
4
3
For the last 20 odd years I have lived a life of self indulgence and personal pleasures. On October 3rd of 2026 I was reminded of God and choose then and there to be done with the drugs, alcohol, and mindless distractions. I know I cannot do this alone, nor do I want to be alone anymore. So here I am starting my life over by choosing God, heart full of doubt, and despair, afraid but curious where God is leading me. My name is Dennis and hello.
 
welcome to Christian chat
Hebrews 13:2 – “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.”
Thanks. Just started reading the New Testament so have not gotten this far. Will be saving that scripture.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
EA7p1q - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
:)
You are invited to visit CRA Christians in Recovery (miscellaneous) if you are in need of support.
Of course support is available on most forums.
Not knowing your entire history, or how bad your addictions, but for sure you will need
support and encouragement. Hopefully you become close to God, and even then it will be
a daily challenge, as I will not "sugar coat" the process as I have lived through it, ODAAT.
 
For the last 20 odd years I have lived a life of self indulgence and personal pleasures. On October 3rd of 2026 I was reminded of God and choose then and there to be done with the drugs, alcohol, and mindless distractions. I know I cannot do this alone, nor do I want to be alone anymore. So here I am starting my life over by choosing God, heart full of doubt, and despair, afraid but curious where God is leading me. My name is Dennis and hello.
Hi Dennis,

I'm elise, and I wanted to say that God gives us the strength to follow him everyday even when it's painful:

= Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)

'But they who wait for the lord shall renew thier strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be waery; they shall walk and not faint,

And,

= James 1:12 (ESV)

'Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him'

I have not personally struggled with drugs, However I had a parent and sibling that struggled with drug addictions.

All I can say it's a very strong addiction, and you made the right choice to go to God and a remider that his grace will be sufficient to sustain you.

God bless you mate!

I just know that God the Father is proud/very pleased with your choice of turning back to him 🙌

Afterall, he left the 99 to find the one that went astray to bring him back home.

Have a blessed day Dennis, Amen ^ ^*
 
  • Like
Reactions: DavidLamb