I delighted in the Lord.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
delight yourself in God Does a way exist for us to have our desires fulfilled? According to Psalm 37:4, 5, if we delight
ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our hearts. I have learned that letting God give me something is so much better than trying to get it for myself. Most of us struggle greatly in our lives, trying to make things happen that only God can do. He wants us to seek Him, and He promises that He will add the things we desire if and when the time is right. We are to commit our way unto Him and let Him bring to pass the things that we desire. Jesus said all those who labor and are heavily burdened should come to Him. He promised to renew and refresh their souls (see Matthew 11:28, 29). His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8, 9). In other words, God knows much better than we do what we need to do! I spent much of my life frustrated and struggling, always trying to do something about things I could not do anything about. I worked really hard at life, but life still was not working for me.
I do not know why we tend to be so stubborn, but we do. I encourage you to let go of your ways and let God be God in your life. He wants to give you the desires of your heart as you commit your way to Him.

Meyer, Joyce. The Everyday Life Bible (p. 863). FaithWords. Kindle Edition.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if i delight myself in Christ
my desires become changed into His own desires
my heart will desire His will
when my heart clings to Him - He becomes my desire
all my desire is for Him, like a loving wife for her Husband
and He will grant these, because He will do His will
He is my Husband

i will be glad in Him, adoring His ways

:giggle:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
if i delight myself in Christ
my desires become changed into His own desires
my heart will desire His will
when my heart clings to Him - He becomes my desire
all my desire is for Him, like a loving wife for her Husband
and He will grant these, because He will do His will
He is my Husband
i will be glad in Him, adoring His ways

:giggle:
Aaaaaamen great post

he is all consuming

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
delight yourself in God Does a way exist for us to have our desires fulfilled? According to Psalm 37:4, 5, if we delight
ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our hearts. I have learned that letting God give me something is so much better than trying to get it for myself. Most of us struggle greatly in our lives, trying to make things happen that only God can do. He wants us to seek Him, and He promises that He will add the things we desire if and when the time is right. We are to commit our way unto Him and let Him bring to pass the things that we desire. Jesus said all those who labor and are heavily burdened should come to Him. He promised to renew and refresh their souls (see Matthew 11:28, 29). His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8, 9). In other words, God knows much better than we do what we need to do! I spent much of my life frustrated and struggling, always trying to do something about things I could not do anything about. I worked really hard at life, but life still was not working for me.
I do not know why we tend to be so stubborn, but we do. I encourage you to let go of your ways and let God be God in your life. He wants to give you the desires of your heart as you commit your way to Him.

Loved the read and the comments below thanks for sharing

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
THE BLESSEDNESS OF POSSESSING NOTHING
For the [whole] earth is the Lord’s and everything that is in it. —1 CORINTHIANS 10:26 AMPC
God is the owner and possessor of all things. When we begin to develop an ownership mentality, we do so out of pride, having forgotten that everything we have is a gift from God and that we are merely stewards of His possessions. The words me and mine are all too familiar in our thoughts and conversations.
I have come to realize that this ownership mentality is not pleasing to God and that we regularly need to lay everything on the altar of sacrifice and make sure that God alone is on the throne of our hearts. When we possess nothing, we can enjoy everything without the fear of losing it or fear that someone will take it from us. What do you think you own—your ministry, your business, your family, your money, or your material possessions? Remind yourself today that without God, you are nothing and you have nothing. When God gives you something, be thankful. When He requires it back, release it without self-pity. And always remember that as long as you have Jesus, you have everything you will ever need. “Father, I confess that things have become too
important to me. I want only You to be on the throne of my heart. Let me always be a good steward, and help me avoid an attitude of ownership, for all things belong to You alone. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Meyer, Joyce. Strength for Each Day (p. 73). FaithWords. Kindle Edition.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

When I feel weak inside and my mind is in a haze and my heart feels empty I kept saying, "I am eternally devoted to following God since elementary school.". A dear sister reminded me - "being devoted is not always the same as being submitted.". It can be and should be.

P

persistent

THE BLESSEDNESS OF POSSESSING NOTHING
For the [whole] earth is the Lord’s and everything that is in it. —1 CORINTHIANS 10:26 AMPC
God is the owner and possessor of all things. When we begin to develop an ownership mentality, we do so out of pride, having forgotten that everything we have is a gift from God and that we are merely stewards of His possessions. The words me and mine are all too familiar in our thoughts and conversations.
I have come to realize that this ownership mentality is not pleasing to God and that we regularly need to lay everything on the altar of sacrifice and make sure that God alone is on the throne of our hearts. When we possess nothing, we can enjoy everything without the fear of losing it or fear that someone will take it from us. What do you think you own—your ministry, your business, your family, your money, or your material possessions? Remind yourself today that without God, you are nothing and you have nothing. When God gives you something, be thankful. When He requires it back, release it without self-pity. And always remember that as long as you have Jesus, you have everything you will ever need. “Father, I confess that things have become too
important to me. I want only You to be on the throne of my heart. Let me always be a good steward, and help me avoid an attitude of ownership, for all things belong to You alone. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Meyer, Joyce. Strength for Each Day (p. 73). FaithWords. Kindle Edition.
A Catholic neighbor I tell that her religion is false commented that to her Christianity sounded like having to live without conveniences. Maybe like in the woods or something to that effect. I thought the Amish to be the people of the Book. Nope, but they have a seemingly healthy, happy, and God focused life style. What and how God wants us to live today is somewhat mysterious. Some very nice memories are of living in a barn. The only possessions were the clothes I was wearing. Went about three months and even went to church once.