I don’t want to dwell on the past when God has a brighter future

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 24, 2020
Lately I’ve been feeling myself get back into my old habits and ways of thinking that are unlike God, I know that the thoughts I’m thinking aren’t true and that their simply the product of anxiety, but I still let them control and influence my life, I’m still letting fear hold me back from doing Gods will (although I’ve been working to overcome it) but it’s so hard because lately I’ve been feeling depressed again and my anxiety has been getting worse I thought I was past all of this, I don’t want to go back to thinking horrible thoughts everyday, hurting myself in multiple ways, I don’t want to be deprived of everything i know God wants to give me. I know exactly what I want and that’s God, I just want to love God I just want to do his will and be faithful to his words but yet why is that so hard? I know it’s my fault I don’t have friends because I let my anxiety get in my head and convince me that I’m a burden to everyone around me! But I also know that God does want me and what’s best for me lately I’ve just been having such a heavy heart I wish I had friends that loved God, not just lukewarm Christians but true love for God the kind we should have, but it seems most kids in schools these days just aren’t in love with God like that. I’m tired of hating myself, Lord please reatore me, amen!