I don't know if I really should pray for this... please, read the thread.

• Thread starter SemperFidelis07
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SemperFidelis07

A few months back, almost a year ago actually, I made a thread asking for prayers for my student and her loved ones after a... "man" (for want of a better term) did something terrible to her and her mother allowed it to happen (she was dating him, she's divorced). That girl is doing fine now living with her father and stepmother... well, as fine as she can under the circumstances, one never truly recovers from this. She also has friends, a devoted fiance, and is getting therapy. Anyway, they put this "man" on trial and he got eighty years.

Well, I learned during a meeting with the girl's father a few days ago that this scum was "involved in an 'accident'" in prison. Something involving another inmate "losing control" of a forklift carrying crates, and dropping it on him. "People" like him don't last long in prison once others find out. Forgive me for not being sorry that he's gone. The girl has forgiven him and the "mother", and I say God bless this kid. I'm not ready to forgive so soon, being a father to two girls. In fact, I hope he suffered, I hope he cried. It would be nothing on the pain he brought on this kid and I hope he'll receive the proper justice in the afterlife.

You know what? No, I am not praying for this heap of human trash. I'm praying for the victim and those who care about her that they could all sleep better at night knowing that he can never do this again; not now, not eighty years from now.

Feb 7, 2015
And I don't think anyone here thinks any less of you because you feel this way. I know I sure don't.... and I actually worked on the side of the child offenders with law enforcement.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God please bless Semperfidelis07, and this prayer request, yes Lord bless this girl and others mentioned in this prayer. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I will ask you this though, if you were sick and did horrible things in life and nobody liked you, would you want someone/anyone to pray for you?
I understand you might not be at the point of forgiveness yet, but it is something to think about.

B

bigjohn

i think its an understandable feeling on your part. we all hate when an innocent is harmed by evil people.

here is my prayer for you.
may god sooth your soul, and give you comfort and knowledge to deal with your feelings. may he bless your good heart and love for others. amen

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Wow...I really don't want to know what that..."person"(?) did to her...but it sounds real nasty! I hope that you and the girl find peace soon.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
I know you don't want to forgive this man for his sake, but maybe you should consider forgiving him for your own sake and for the sake of your relationship with Christ. I am struggling to forgive someone also—a somewhat similar circumstance, I guess. I know I want to, but I have been unable to completely forgive. Though it is not medically proven, I am convinced that holding onto unforgiveness will slowly kill our bodies, our souls, and our relationships with God. My friend, I am saying prayers for us and the victims.

[FONT=&quot]For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][SUP]15 [/SUP]But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.—Matthew 6:14-15[/FONT]