I feel trapped...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

All my life I dreamed of one thing: to be pregnant and have children. The desire only got stronger as I got older. It got stronger when began my relationship with my current husband. In the course of two years, I became pregnant unintentionally twice (once while religiously on the pill) and once using another bc method. I lost both babies. There is a lot of history about why I got involved with my husband in the first place, but suffice it to say there were issues going on that I was unaware of, or didn't want to be aware of in both him and me. Six months ago I began counseling to address issues regarding years of physical and sexual abuse at the hands of both of my parents and family friends. I grew up a relative orphan, and was practically self-sufficient by 10 years old. I was completely self-sufficient by 17 living on my own 500 miles from everyone and everything I knew. When I started dating my husband he was gentle, encouraging, loving, and strong. He loved the Lord with all of his heart and was in seminary to be a pastor. I was putting myself through college, and he was working part time. His mother ended up passing away from breast cancer after we'd been dating about 2 or 3 years. After 4 1/2 years he proposed and i accepted. In the times that we've been married his mental state has gotten worse and worse. He was always VERY lazy, but he became paralyzed by depression. In two years he filled out only a few applications. He had one interview and he refused to go. He stopped showering. He wouldn't lift a finger for anything. I tried to be the faithful and loving spouse to point him toward the Lord, but nothing worked. After I began counseling I began dealing with my own boundary issues regarding being overly responsible, mothering him, and not valuing myself enough to expect more. When I began to set boundaries with him, he rebelled. After a week or so, he emailed the pastors at our church and said he was leaving because he felt like they had basically attacked him. At the beginning of our marriage, they had asked him to step down so that he could concentrate on getting a job and supporting his new wife. While they saw it as a simple two week-two month process, he did absolutely nothing except wallow in self-pity and blame the pastors for picking on him. He began counseling and threatened that he wouldn't return each time. Finally, when our counselor asked him to pray, he got up and left a session. He never returned after that. In two months he threatened divorce a half dozen times. He would go into rages about me confiding in my pastors. He was jealous and became violent. He violence was mostly verbal, though he also began throwing and breaking things. Often times, he didn't look where he was throwing and I ended up in the pathway of the flying object. A month ago on Monday he was done. He declared that there was no hope, he didn't want a separation, and he was divorcing me. Then he admitted himself into the psych ward as a final slap in the face to me: the one who tried to get him in so many times. He was in for a month and refused to talk to me. He called once and really had no desire to talk. He was released on Tuesday. Yesterday was my birthday, and he called me in a rage to cuss me out again. After he got in a fight with his dad, his sister was worried that he would come to threaten me... Today he's trying to get me to drop everything so that he can get some last very menial things. He tells me he's going away for a long time.
I feel like I'm living in fear all the time. He's got so much rage and he's a big guy. There is very little stopping him from hurting me. I feel like i'm gonna wake up one night with him pounding on my door and screaming. He's one break away from a very violent attack. In addition, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wants nothing to do with me. He has no remorse. He admits no wrong. He speaks no sign of redemption. He just wants to run away. If he does file, then it will be the only thing he's ever done on his own initiative. If he doesn't, he's leaving it to me to take the guilt of it. I also know that some of this is his depression. I don't know how long to wait. I want a solution and I just don't know where God is leading me. I'm 27 years old and I want a family. I don't want to have to wait around for a husband who will never turn and waste my chance at having a family.
At this point I'm waiting...

K

KTJ1

I am sorry for the pain you are going through. I pray that you find answers with God. I try to pray for his will for me. May God carry you through this time.

P

priestessblue

Do you think Jesus wants women to live in fear and intimidation?

I counsel you to leave this man before he truly hurts you. Abusers often kill their mates. GO. Run. GET OUT. DON'T WAIT. Live with the safest person you can find, and get back into counseling. I was also sexually abused. Your mind is hardwired to be attracted to men like your tormentors.

Please get some help.

S

shekaniah

Jesus You know Jordaches heart and mind, I know you have a plan for her life. Give her peace, confidence and understanding.
Wrap her in your love and fill her with your wisdom. In Jesus name Amen

N

NMsmile

Holy God you stand by us no matter what. Hold your daughter in your arms. Strengthen her to bare the burdens that she has. Comfort her so that she know you are there with her. Draw her closer to you. Make yourself real to her and bless her as she goes about her daily activities. Lord Jesus we thank you for your mercy, kindness and love but most of all we thank you for your son's sacrifice at Calvary. Jesus let your daughter be still and know that you are God. Amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus Christ is Lord for all that is His protection and understanding as to release from this marriage.

Huge hugs and God bless.
pickles

J

Jordache

So my husband went back to the hospital yesterday. I found out from a little birdie all he and his family told me is that he's going out of town. Yesterday I found suicide notes he wrote to me, his sisters, and his dad.

L

LovingtheLord

Dear Lord i pray that you help this man, clear his mind and draw him back near to you, Lord only you can save him, i pray with you might you renew this man and reunite him with this wife, Lord you take no pleasure in divorces and i pray you work your wonder in this man and fix him, Amen.

Pray and keep strong, God bless.

Suicide will not fix anything, it's letting the enemy win.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
God help you sister, I am praying for you!
In Christ Love!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
So my husband went back to the hospital yesterday. I found out from a little birdie all he and his family told me is that he's going out of town. Yesterday I found suicide notes he wrote to me, his sisters, and his dad.
Huge hugs Jordache, praying for you in Jesus that all needed will be provided.
Praying as well for your husband and family.

God bless.
pickles

A

andrewzoka

LORD BIND THE ENEMY!

do not file divorce unless he has cheated or you have.

Romans 12:21 "Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good."

- overcome this with good

S

shekaniah

I will pray, My God bless you and keep you in His care. Amen

B

Brandon777

It's good that you can get this out there. I pray that you draw near to God as He draws near to you. You shouldn't feel guilty about divorcing Him. He is dangerous. Please don't consider having a family with him, that would not turn out well. You did the right thing by seeking counseling. Hold strong and don't fear him because only God has the power to deliver someone's soul to hell. And if God is on your side than no one can be against you in the long run. All justice will come to him. Guard your heart from him. Don't let him take your heart just because you have a desire for a family. I also pray that he doesn't become a pastor again unless he seriously cleans up his act! Keep us updated. I pray that you grow in your knowledge of Christ through your time of suffering. But please don't live in fear. You have charge over your spiritual emotions. I know he is big and violent and unpredictable but find your root in the Son of David. You are a strong woman now, and you will be a stronger woman after your trial with him and the Lord. May the abounding peace of God fall upon you.

B

Brandon777

It would also be good to tell someone you have some trust with.

N

nyla

lord you know this women hurt and pain lord please help her find the way and choice on what she should do we here on this sight pray to you all the time for many people and lord you help and see them threw im a living proof lord i pray to you jesus help your child of god see her threw her problems in jesus name amen.