I Found a Way to Make Leftover Soups/Stews Last Longer in the Refrigerator.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ilive4Jesus

Apr 30, 2022
I like the idea and will probably do that with pumpkin. The problem with my sealers are that they will vacuum the liquid into the diaphragm and mess up the circuit. I need to take mine apart and fix it after using it for moisture from ham.

I thawed a big ham to cut it into steaks. I think I should have partially refroze it in steak sized so this wouldn't happen. Maybe the same can be done with the soup as ice blocks?
does your sealer have a "delicate" setting? That often helps with moist items.
but partial freezing helps too.

oh! and partly freezing then wrapping in butcher paper can help lessen he amount of liquid sucked out.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
does your sealer have a "delicate" setting? That often helps with moist items.
but partial freezing helps too.

oh! and partly freezing then wrapping in butcher paper can help lessen he amount of liquid sucked out.
I've used butcher paper with meats since it prevents contact with plastic. It does help, but I buy the lower cost vacuum sealers and use them until they wear out. My next purchase or design will likely be a vacuum chamber that can use glass jars.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I've used butcher paper with meats since it prevents contact with plastic. It does help, but I buy the lower cost vacuum sealers and use them until they wear out. My next purchase or design will likely be a vacuum chamber that can use glass jars.
I was just thinking, maybe I can add a rheostat switch to the cord to adjust the vacuum to a lower setting. I bought a break bleeder which should work if just a little slower, when combined with the chamber.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
I was just thinking, maybe I can add a rheostat switch to the cord to adjust the vacuum to a lower setting. I bought a break bleeder which should work if just a little slower, when combined with the chamber.
I have read about using a break bleeder to get a vacuum seal.(y)

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I fold the top of the bag and pre freeze, then seal.

This will vacuum mason jars:

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Mason-Jar-Vacuum-Sealer/dp/B0B211RKZN/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Vacuum+Sealers+for+mason+jars&qid=1668724452&s=kitchen&sr=1-5&th=1

For best quality and food safety, always follow directions.
Thanks 👍
I looked into that option and the reviews were pretty good. I already have a rechargeable vacuum hand held for the valve type bags. One of my other heat sealers has the tube attachment. The lid device looks great for canning jars. If I can make a chamber, I would like to try it for the bigger range of jars and sizes. That's what I want to try the brake bleeder for.