I had a really scary dream. I don't know if it was meant to warn me or tell me something

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2018
Ok this is what happened in the dream my older brother was smoking,he never smokes but in my dream he was smoking, so all my siblings were gathered in the room and then the bed sheet caught fire we didn't know how it started so I assumed that maybe it was because my brother was smoking. And later on I went to the living room in order to get something for the fire because no matter how we tried to take it out it expanded nonstop so when I went to the living room I saw even more fire I didn't know how the fire started so I called my mom and I told all my siblings in the room to get out so we went outside as I was running outside it felt weird my speed was slow no matter how fast I tried to run and I saw that for my siblings to. I also saw people in the road in slow motion I didn't know what was happening even when I spoke it was in slow motion so I didn't know what was happening so I asked my mom and she said it might be the end of the world even though I didn't wanted to believe it I was scared because of what happened was odd I wasn't ready to be judged I didn't know what to do do I asked God for forgiveness multiple of times and I spoke in slow motion and moved in slow motion the same as everyone outside it was really scary so I wasn't able to see what happened next because I woke up by the sound of my father calling me which was odd because he barely calls that late I am not trying to say that maybe in my dream that was truly the end of the world all I'm saying is I was actually scared and I wasn't ready because I knew I was partially good and disobedient is like I go on two paths was this dream a warning. I know that you guys might not believe me but I swear this dream truly happened I just don't know what it means I'm not that close with either if my parents so I can't tell them the dream pls help 'ive not had a dream this scary since I was like 5

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I don't think it was from God like the dreams that Daniel or Joseph had in the Bible.

but...

the feeling that you're not living right probably is from God.

so just confess it, ask God for forgiveness, and move on

here's a verse I feel God gave me for you

1 John 1: 8. If we say that we have no sin, we are false to ourselves and there is nothing true in us. 9. If we say openly that we have done wrong, he is upright and true to his word, giving us forgiveness of sins and making us clean from all evil.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
First, what you experienced is called a nightmare. A bad dream. Although God can use it for good.

Second, you were convicted of your sins. The Bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. It also says there is no one righteous, no not one.

So, the bad news is, you will never be good enough for God! The good news is that Jesus died in the cross for our sin!

So you need to believe and confess Jesus as Lord.

“because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.” Romans 10:9-10

Then, the Holy Spirit will help you walk with God, and to serve and obey him.

As as for the dream, no matter how scary, it was just a dream!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Ok this is what happened in the dream my older brother was smoking,he never smokes but in my dream he was smoking, so all my siblings were gathered in the room and then the bed sheet caught fire we didn't know how it started so I assumed that maybe it was because my brother was smoking. And later on I went to the living room in order to get something for the fire because no matter how we tried to take it out it expanded nonstop so when I went to the living room I saw even more fire I didn't know how the fire started so I called my mom and I told all my siblings in the room to get out so we went outside as I was running outside it felt weird my speed was slow no matter how fast I tried to run and I saw that for my siblings to. I also saw people in the road in slow motion I didn't know what was happening even when I spoke it was in slow motion so I didn't know what was happening so I asked my mom and she said it might be the end of the world even though I didn't wanted to believe it I was scared because of what happened was odd I wasn't ready to be judged I didn't know what to do do I asked God for forgiveness multiple of times and I spoke in slow motion and moved in slow motion the same as everyone outside it was really scary so I wasn't able to see what happened next because I woke up by the sound of my father calling me which was odd because he barely calls that late I am not trying to say that maybe in my dream that was truly the end of the world all I'm saying is I was actually scared and I wasn't ready because I knew I was partially good and disobedient is like I go on two paths was this dream a warning. I know that you guys might not believe me but I swear this dream truly happened I just don't know what it means I'm not that close with either if my parents so I can't tell them the dream pls help 'ive not had a dream this scary since I was like 5
Well off the top of my head ASK G-d!!!! But since relationships are important Biblically maybe you should get close to your parents!!!! At Least honer them enough for an opinion, since this is the only commandment with a promise.... Just an opinion OBEY G-D'S WORD ABOUT YOUR PARENTS (do not tell me how they do not understand you do not care)....

P

pjharrison

Maybe the dream was telling you that it's time to get serious about Jesus, because the time is short. You don't want to be tossed into the fire.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
It sounds like it is from God or at least meant to grab your attention from God.

A warning from God? I'm not sure if your a Christian... I'm assuming you are though from the site. Why then are you afraid of being judged, disobedient, going to hell? Don't you know God has already taken care of this? Nothing you do will gain it but Jesus already did. So now when God looks at you he sees Jesus and you are holy to go to heaven. Everything is done and you need not do anything. Like how a good father would take the place of their child if they were being tortured, God took our place.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
I think you had a nitemare. A simple way for your brain to process a bad week or a bad day. But that's just my opinion. I believe God can give us dreams, but do you really think God will give you a dream to warn you of some impending doom, and not allow you to understand it for what it is? If it's from God, the meaning will come. I wouln't worry so much about things.

Aug 30, 2018
Just a thought from me, about 3 years ago I had a few strokes and a bleed on the brain and had to take some fairly strong medication which gave me horrendous dreams and nightmares. My GP assured me this was quite common and the brain reacts to any sort of stimuli. I'm sure you will be fine.