I have a desire to start a family and need some good old advice and prayer :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cowdance123

Hi everyone! I'm new to this so here it goes...
My husband and I have been married for just over 1 year now. We have been part of the youth ministry for about 2-3 years and continue to love and serve the Lord everyday.i'm starting to feel that my place in the youth department is shifting more towards focusing on young girls and also kids ministry(so any prayer for that is great!)
I want to know from any of you Husbands and/or wives what was it that made you decide to have a baby or did it just happen? Did God tell you about it? Did he give you the desire to start a family?
The reason I ask is because for about 6 months I have had a desire to try for a baby.
And for the last 1 1/2 months the desire has increased so much so that i'm starting to think having a baby will not happen. We have only tried for 1 month so I know I need to give it time.
If anyone has a word from the Lord for me (as I have received a few but did ask for confirmation), any advice or just wish to share their experience with me then please do. Thank you for all your help :)

God Bless.

U

Ugly

Just bear in mind you're at that age when women start thinking marriage and babies and family. So its quite expected you'd start feeling that way about now. Thats not to say God doesn't want you to have a child, i don't know. But its something to consider.
Also, way jumping the gun on the 'it will never happen' thinking after only one month. You might want to look at whats at the root of that mentality as that can be dangerous in our walk. Look at Abraham. Just a few things to think about. Sorry i don't have more solid answers, but i'm not a husband yet myself =P

J

Jullianna

My husband was 10 years older than I, so he wanted to have a baby as soon as we could. I was excited about it too, just as you are, and he worried that I would be disappointed. :) It took about 2 months of trying, but I know it can take longer for some people. I think the key is to just relax, enjoy being with one another. If it's God's time, it will happen, right? :)

Bless you for the work you are doing for the Lord's young people. :)

D

dmdave17

Dear cowdance123,

I have several words for you. "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;..." (Psalm 37:7) And, "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. ... He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." (Psalm 40:1 & 3) If ever anyone had a right to be impatient with God, it was David. After anointing him king of Israel and naming him successor to Saul, God waited many years before raising him to the throne. And through a lot of those years, David was pursued like a fugitive by the man who wanted to kill him. But he always remained patient and trusted the Lord.

Since you are a devoted servant of the Lord, I would say it is safe to assume that He has a plan for you. If you elect to "run ahead on your own", I believe that you run the risk of missing out on those blessings God has in store for you. My advice would be to continue to try to conceive, but wait for the Lord's time. When the time is right, He will show you the way.

God bless you in your pursuit.

Aug 27, 2005
It took my husband and I two months to get pregnant.. But like Julianna said don't fret if it takes longer! 6 months seems to be normal.. And don't worry after 6 months either!

Anyway, I knew for quite a few years that I'd like to be a mom and a stay at home mom if I could! But I didn't get any sign from God about when to have a baby or anything. My husband I just decided to start trying 'cause we want 4 kids anyway and he didn't want to be an older dad like his dad is. So we decided to start after a few months of marriage.

I can tell you that I stressed myself out completely the first month of trying! I googled every sneeze, every stomach growl, ever strand of hair that fell out and was completely miserable when I realized it didn't happen that month. SOOOOO glad to be over that first month! The second month of trying I knew that being so stressed didn't help anything so I was much more relaxed and actually my husband was the one who said I should test when I did.. I was planning to wait an extra amount of time to see if it happened! So basically I just wanted to say.. Try not to worry a ton while you're trying! Being super stressed definitely doesn't help you at all!

Good luck! And when you do find out you're pregnant.. Feel free to message me any questions if you'd like! I'm into my second semester now so I've been through some of the tough stuff recently!