I have a question about the bible studies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
is it really that bad to not speak for half an hour?

revelation 8:1 is going to be torture for some people...
Silence in heaven, not on the earth.

Do you think in your wildest dreams that all the woman and men in the world would shadap their face all at once for an half an hour? :D

N

Nalu

What I find disturbing is why anyone besides the designated Teacher (or assistants) or Pastor would desire to speak during a formal Bible Study or Church Service anyway?

I never attended a Church service where some one interrupted a Pastor during a service, or a Teacher during a Bible study.
Times are changing, I am glad we have some order in our meetings. If not simple Bible Studies would last hours and hours.

I for one learn more by listening then I do by talking.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
Actually the time and place theory does work. At the time the bible was written women were not educated. Now they are.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I have a bible study ever week, sometimes I lead it, although we do not interrupt it is not a study without discussion, interrupting is rude, discussion is not rude.

Oct 10, 2011
In ancient times women were treated as possessions, some bigots, er I mean Christians think its moral to continue that practice. I find it repugnant.

A

AnandaHya

sometimes the unseen is more powerful then the seen or spoken.

At some churches I have attended there is a prayer room where people dedicate their time to pray over the pastor and the congregation so that his words might have the power of God to shed light upon their hearers and cut through the lies of deception that binds them and anything else that comes to mind while the pastor preaches. they pray.

I always thought that is what people did while they listened. they prayed to God for His wisdom and protection as the speaker gave the lesson.
Isn't silent prayer one of the hidden things of the body of Christ?

1 Corinthians 12:22-24
King James Version (KJV)
22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour;
and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

we should always seek God who honors His people, not doing our deeds or speaking before men but before God who hears our every prayer.