I Have A Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2010
well at any rate the bible is clear on what it says, so I'd just go with that. :)

jb

Feb 27, 2010
If anyone can prove differently using scriptures taken in context I will be happy to entertain your information.
I gave quite a few Scriptures (in my original post) which clearly shows that women preached/teached/ministered in the early church to other members of the Body of Christ and the lost in the world, but you fail to consider them...

The 2 Scriptures (1Cor 14v34,35, 1Tim 2v11,12) that male chauvinists love to quote to prove that woman have no place in the church to preach/teach/minister have the context that in the informal fellowship meetings some woman, instead of concentrating upon worshipping the Lord and ministering to the rest of the Body of Christ, were instead chatting to their husbands about domestic affairs, hence this injunction that the woman should keep silent about these matters and speak about them at home.

To say that these 2 Scriptures mean that women should not preach/teach/minister to the Body of Christ creates great contradictions when the Lord Jesus and Paul teach differently...

I suggest you read my original post and the Scriptures contained in it, which proves beyond any be doubt that women can, and indeed should preach/teach/minister to the Body of Christ...be a Berean and not a...Acts 17v10-12. ;)

Yahweh Shalom...

S

SpaceCowboy

I agree with lucciddreams. Dead on. I firmly believe that women should not be pastors or preachers. The times I've listened to female pastors it was like lighting a firecracker and waiting for a pop that never happened. They never got to the meat of scripture. I listened to joyce myers onece and she mentioned only THREE scriptures in the entire sermon. And one of them was taken outa context. ( Used the saying of Jesus about people weighing the cost before making the decision to follow him. She cut it and just used it as an example of waying any decision. Took the meat straight outa the verse) the whole sermon was just a pep talk with church terms sprinkled in it...Just garbage IMO.

N

Nalu

This is my view.

A Man is the leader of the Christian household.

Men are in leadership positions within a Christian Church.

I only attend Churches with Men in leadership positions, In my house I am the leader.......Nalu, your'e friendly neighborhood Truth Seeker.

Nov 10, 2011
I agree with lucciddreams. Dead on. I firmly believe that women should not be pastors or preachers. The times I've listened to female pastors it was like lighting a firecracker and waiting for a pop that never happened. They never got to the meat of scripture. I listened to joyce myers onece and she mentioned only THREE scriptures in the entire sermon. And one of them was taken outa context. ( Used the saying of Jesus about people weighing the cost before making the decision to follow him. She cut it and just used it as an example of waying any decision. Took the meat straight outa the verse) the whole sermon was just a pep talk with church terms sprinkled in it...Just garbage IMO.

That seems like a pretty fair generalization. I feel the same way about preachers from Texas.

D

dishchat

Timothy 2 vs 11-16. Paul did not permit women to teach or to have authority on man, but to be in silence. So women are condemn by teaching or having authority on men. They have any right to do it. Adam was formed first,then Eve. Adam was not deceived but Eve sin because she was deceived.She fell into transgression.She sin by transgressing the Word of God.You see, she has no right to manipulate the Word of God because she fell into transgression. Adam by loving her, took over him the sin of Eve by inserting his sperm into Eve. Therefore she is saved in childbearing. I respect all your opinion. But i would like you to give me a verse from the Bible where God gave women right to teach the Word of God and to have authority on men in church. God bless you.