I have a ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tinker

I have started 2 break out really bad with somek ind of rash. The doctors don't know what is. What should I put on the rashes? They are really starting itch bad. If anyone knows, please give me an answer. Thanks

J

Joshua2417

Couldn't tell you becuase if its one thing and you put lotion on it thats for a differnt rash could cause more rash.....will pray for you though. hope they firgure it out. i get rashes when i have an allergic reaction it sucks.

K

Kaitlin

Hi Tinker, you can try with calendula - I use this one: Hyland's, Calendula Off. 1x, Homeopathic Ointment, 1 oz (30 g) - iHerb.com
It can be hard to find out what causes a rash. I used to have a rash since childhood, and 7 years ago it disappeared. Few years later, it returned. So I did some brainstorming, trying to think of what I did differently - did I eat or drink something different? could it be hormonal? (I was pregnant or just had my first baby when the rash disappeared), could it be weather change? ... this way, I found out that I had a shortage on D3 vits, the vitamin we get from the sun. So in the months with less sunshine, I take D3 vit supplements. I don't get this rash any more.
Try to think of something that is different, something that could cause the rash, it could be something simple as cheese or peanuts.
I also suggest that you take a good multivitamin, extra C vitamin, and fish oil capsules (omega 3) (I get mine all from iHerb.com, the brand Now Foods), and if you don't get out in the sun much, also D3 Vits (minimum 1,000 IU).
If the rash is very severe, you may want to consult a (christian) orthomolecular consultant. They often know more about rashes than dr's do :)
Hope you find answers, if you have questions, please let me know, feel free to cc mail me.

Aug 2, 2009
Try putting some hydrocortisone cream on it. Doctors often prescribe it for rashes, but you can buy it yourself at most stores. Even Wal-mart has it. It is used to bring down the swelling and itching.

By the way, the advice that Kaitlin gave about figuring out what you did different or what changed is very good advice.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
You can also try calamine lotion which is for poison ivy, but who knows it might be worth a shot, or just some dry skin lotion because it might just be the dryness of the rash thats making it itch.

Did the doctors prescibe any antibiotics? Im surprised they didn't give you anything to put on it like an antibiotic cream, speaking of which, you can also try putting Neosporin on it. It has some antibiotic medication in it.

H

HeIsMighty

Hey Tinker! Aloe works wonders! You can pick it up pretty much anywhere. Hope this helps!

K

Kaitlin

Was just thinking of something.... did you eat a lot of overripe fruit lately? The rash could be a respons to too much histamine.
Just a wild guess, and it is the season of a lot of wonderful fresh fruits :)

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
could you be developing a nickel allergy??? staph infection??? fungal infection????? i recently warded off a fungal infection, but i am still fighting the staph infection and nickel allergy. all three of these gave me itchy rashes. i recommend A&D ointment (normaly used for diaper rashes or tattoos), hydro cortisone valerate, and/or chamomile lotion. good luck :)

T

Tinker

Thanks. I haven't eatn any type of fruit here lately. I'm usn some kind of cream now that my doctor prescribed, but it's not wrkn at all