I have no idea how to deal with it..o.0

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GurlieGurl16

Ok so basically my parents just filed for a divorce and this definately came out of something bigger, bc even though my parents always seem to find a way out of no way to disagree about almost everything they said they're not close anymore and are very different now.....???? So anyway, I'm just new to this whole thing. It's one of those situations to ME where u always see it on tv and here about it but it won't happen to you. I'm hurt, angry, I don't want to be around them bc they don't really talk much anymore I'm noticing and they don't even look at each other. It's like come on atleast be friends...It doesn't matter if one is moving out, they have the SAME child....They kind of HAVE to have communication..Idk what this is, if its some stage of divorce...I have no idea but to me its childish and its getting annoying and making me angry. So I really need as much helpful basic and blunt tips/advice as I can get.

T

thefightinglamb

Divorce is strange for many reasons...

People for some reason try to harden themselves into a stance that it is not a stage of growth in the marriage that is difficult that they are going to (till death do us part)...but they believe instead that possibly? they have never loved the spouse...and then Satan attacks the minds with thoughts like "I have never been happy with the spouse."

But if they do not focus on the Lord and holiness...then there really is no escape from falling into the darkness...of thinking evil of the marriage, the relationship, and thinking the other is Satan himself...

I would encourage memories of when they really loved the other...only in that is joy and holiness possible...

God bless
and I am sorry...have gone threw it twice...my mom got divorced twice...

May the Lord awaken your whole family to Himself in a new way and also to the love you all truly have for each other
tony
tony

X

XxBriarXx

I'm sorry Simone that u have to go deal with that, and I can't say I know how u feel bc I don't. It may seem like everything is falling apart but things will come back together again.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Simone,

You don't have to deal with your parent's divorce, let God do that. You go on with God and live your life before Him. That is something that they have decided and it is between them and God. You are (18) and old enough to be on your own. You do not have to takes sides even if you think one parent is more responsible than the other for this divorce. Commit them both to God, love them, respect them and honor them as best you can in all things. You don't have to agree with the divorce and if they ask you about it you should be honest and communicate with them. Pray for them and always be a shining light unto them. God gave you both parents and be thankful for that. Remember that love is patient and kind, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, suffers long, never thinks evil and never fails. No one and no circumstance, no matter how difficult, can separate you from the love of God. Don't forget your favorite Bible verse: Phil 4:13

G

GurlieGurl16

To u I don't have to deal with it but I have to bc it's around me and they're my parents.
I know you're not aware but I live with them and I just graduated from highschool and I'm not the "As-soon-as-I-turn-18-I'm- moving- out- type"...So I can't avoid it if thats what you're saying.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I understand what you have just told me. If you want God to be in this situation, then tell Him or make your request known unto Him, what you want Him to do in the situation, for you and for your parents. Tell Him exactly what kind of grace you want from Him. And when you ask Him don't be double-minded about it, come to Him boldly and approach Him as your heavenly Father. Whatever your request may be, I'll agree with you because you will need someone to agree with your request.

Mt 18:19 'Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven'.

G

GurlieGurl16

I understand what you have just told me. If you want God to be in this situation, then tell Him or make your request known unto Him, what you want Him to do in the situation, for you and for your parents. Tell Him exactly what kind of grace you want from Him. And when you ask Him don't be double-minded about it, come to Him boldly and approach Him as your heavenly Father. Whatever your request may be, I'll agree with you because you will need someone to agree with your request.

Mt 18:19 'Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven'.
Well on that note...thanks 4 agreeing with me only because I need it.