I have sinned and repented (feeling sad and with guilt)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nel3
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nel3

Guest
I have gone to church since I was a baby. I accepted Jesus when I was 12 years old. I thought my life was good until I had this boyfriend when I was 19. He introduced me to sexual sin, which made me -not completely Virgin-I never thought in my life I would fail. He broke up with me and I got really hurt, I tried to make my cup full by talking to guys. I told my mom most of the things I did but there's something else that comes to my mind at every second making me feel guilty. I told her what my ex and I did and what I did with another two-three guys. It was very embarrassing because she was expecting more from me. I haven't told her I had cybersex with two other guys. Sometimes I think I should tell her but then I think that God already forgave me and I shouldn't say anything because those things should remain in the past and that we confess our sins to God. My mom wanted to have a good relationship with me and it is but I'm not sure if I should say that or just forget about it. I have told her: mom I have done so many bad things, little by little I have told her what I have done wrong and she told me to tell these things to God and forget my past. Maybe my problem is that I have to rely more on The Lord. I regret everything I have done wrong, I feel like I don't know that person I became in the past. My mom asked me if I said anything to my dad but I didn't. I just told him to forgive me for being a bad daughter and he just laughed and didn't accept it. I know she already told him. Sometimes I get sad, I haves cried so much because I feel guilty when someone says they want to wait until marriage. I feel I took away for my future husband. I'm not even sure if someone could accept me.
 
God is an awesome God and he gives us oportunities to repent and he receives us with open arms, if you are truely repented don't do that again and keep praying for him to give you peace about all those things, still even when we repent from our sins they have consequences we have to face because it was our choice, if you meet a guy you don't have to tell him all those things in my opinion but until things become more serious, last thing, if you think to tell everything to your parents will hurt them or is not necessary then don't do it and best to keep some things for yourself. God's already forgiven you. God bless you and keep praying!
 
We all fall victim to sin, and although this doesn't cushion the guilt anymore, it is important to remember. You seem to be continuously beating yourself up about your past, and this could be affecting your future. GOD HAS FORGIVEN YOU, and although you may not believe that you deserve his forgiveness, it is still there. He has provided you with a great future, but if you keep looking behind you will never see in front. I know what you are going through, as i have travelled down the same road, and (for me at least) the shame is still there, as a scar or a mark. But you will learn to carry on regardless, this is where your strength comes from. And you had the courage to confront your mother about these events, that must have been soo difficult because of the fear of how she might react, I know i couldn't tell my parents. And although you might not realise it, your story could be the one that inspires countless others and gives them the strength to get through the day. You have already inspired me.
 
if you meet someone in future,you must tell this things that haunted you at the right time when he is in a mood to hear and accept.There are large hearted people..
If you feel its not good,then he is definitely not the one for you...whatever the case be sincere and move with God.

Also its better to open upto God and cry (when tears come) than people even if its close ones...God can Heal you where no other medicine can give you such a healing,its inner healing...
God bless:)