I just can't get going

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I have tried everything. My life is stressful right now so I tried to get out of the house and do something fun. I tried to do a few odd jobs. I tried to rest and take a nap. I tried to visit family. I tried to swim. I have tried everything and I feel like I got hit by a Mac truck. I stopped taking a medication several days ago so I'm waiting to start that again. I'm still on trials with it, so it may have something to do with it. But with everything going on in my family and job, it's probably emotional too. I feel like no matter what movement I do I have a 2,000lb boulder hanging from my neck.

Dec 19, 2009
I have tried everything. My life is stressful right now so I tried to get out of the house and do something fun. I tried to do a few odd jobs. I tried to rest and take a nap. I tried to visit family. I tried to swim. I have tried everything and I feel like I got hit by a Mac truck. I stopped taking a medication several days ago so I'm waiting to start that again. I'm still on trials with it, so it may have something to do with it. But with everything going on in my family and job, it's probably emotional too. I feel like no matter what movement I do I have a 2,000lb boulder hanging from my neck.
Get your rest.
Obey the Lord’s commandments.
Eat right.
Try to have fun.

J

Jordache

I'm trying, but for a week it's been like pulling teeth. I forced myself to go watch a movie this afternoon. I laid down for 30 minutes and couldn't sleep. I could have laid there awake all day. I usually walk a lot, but my body is used to it. Last weekend I walked a bit more than usual, but I should have recovers right now. And besides, it wasn't particularly out of the ordinary. I do eat well. I am mostly vegetarian, but since my medication is a protein supplement I starts eating hard boiled eggs sometimes. I eat fiber. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I dot eat hardly any processes foods. My sleep isn't horrible. It's like my mind is awake and my body doesn't want to turn on.

Dec 19, 2009
I'm trying, but for a week it's been like pulling teeth. I forced myself to go watch a movie this afternoon. I laid down for 30 minutes and couldn't sleep. I could have laid there awake all day. I usually walk a lot, but my body is used to it. Last weekend I walked a bit more than usual, but I should have recovers right now. And besides, it wasn't particularly out of the ordinary. I do eat well. I am mostly vegetarian, but since my medication is a protein supplement I starts eating hard boiled eggs sometimes. I eat fiber. I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I dot eat hardly any processes foods. My sleep isn't horrible. It's like my mind is awake and my body doesn't want to turn on.
Maybe you are being too careful what you eat. You want a healthy diet, but you also want to eat food that tastes good.

V

veritas7

sounds to me like you need PEACE in your soul, unload your burdens on the Lord and truly enter HIS rest. Try going to church, kneeling down and pouring out your pain to God and ask for healing and relief. Beg God to take your burden away and help you enter his rest. Also try reading out loud psalm 23 for at least 10 minutes. Also plead the blood of Jesus over yourself and beg God to cleanse you from any sin and refresh you in his presence; and finally i think you need the FIRE of the Holy Ghost to revive you and strenghten you. If you apply all this, i believe you will experience a powerful sense of liberation.

J

Jordache

I do eat food that tastes good. I can't eat meat, so I don't buy it. I like hard-boiled eggs and they don't require a lot of fuss. Like tonight I had brown rice mixed with broccoli, onions, spinach, a few chopped pecans, and soy sauce. Then I had a little almond milk ice cream with raspberries and cool whip. I like my food. No fuss is better. I have bigger things to worry about than throwing together complicated meals 3x a day. Though info love cooking for large groups of people. That's when into all out.

Dec 19, 2009
I do eat food that tastes good. I can't eat meat, so I don't buy it. I like hard-boiled eggs and they don't require a lot of fuss. Like tonight I had brown rice mixed with broccoli, onions, spinach, a few chopped pecans, and soy sauce. Then I had a little almond milk ice cream with raspberries and cool whip. I like my food. No fuss is better. I have bigger things to worry about than throwing together complicated meals 3x a day. Though info love cooking for large groups of people. That's when into all out.
I've been experiencing difficulties. Faith seems to be a big part of the solution. The Lord will take care of us, though it's helpful to walk as closely to him as possible.

C

chasten

I think a lot of the world feels badly sometimes..we need a savior because we cannot dodge spiritual death, or anything in this world without him. Alot of people just dont take the time to get to know him, so we end up being stage christians. Sometimes you just have to dig a little deeper, try a little harder to know him, and experience him. He will never leave you nor forsake you. :D

P

psychomom

Praying for you while you're in this valley, dear one.
♥ ellie

J

jkalyna

I READ THE OTHER PRAYER REQUEST. IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS BOULDER OF 2000 LBS. DOSN'T BELONG TO YOU. THE GOSPEL SAYS, IF YE OFFEND ONE OF THESE LITTLE ONES THAT BLIEVE IN ME, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF A MILESTONE WERE HUNG AROUND YOUR NECK AND YOU DROPPED INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. THIS IS LIKE THE QUILT THAT IS HANDING OVER YOUR MOMS NECK. TRYING TO DESTROY THE MEMORIES THAT HAUNT HER AND THE PAIN, BY HURTING YOU. THIS IS A STRONGHOLD THAT NEEDS TO BE BROKEN IN JESUS NAME. PRAY FOR YOUR MOTHER. THE FIRST STEP IS BEING IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE WORD OF GOD. IT SAYS TO HONOR YOUR PARENTS. THOUGH IT MAY BE HARD TO PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND HER AS SHE REJECTS YOU, YOU CAN HONOR HER WITH YOUR PRAYERS TO THE LORD. THIS IS PLEASING UNTO HIM. DISOBEYING THE WORD OF THE LORD IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU. IT SAYS THAT REBELLION AND STUBBORNESS IS AS WITCHCRAFT. THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS WOULD LOVE YOU TO HATE HER WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT BECAUSE OF ALL THE HURTS. THIS IS PERFECT GROWING SOIL FOR THESE SEEDSS OF RESENTMENT AND DISHONOR TO GROW WHERE HURTS ARE. THIS IS HIS ENTRY INTO YOUR LIFE TO MANIFEST ITSELF WITH DEPRESSION/ SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND DESPAIR. READ AND FIND SCRIPTURES THAT BRING HEALING AND FAITH INTO YOU. THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS, " WHEN THE ENEMEY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD THE LORD WILL PUT UP A STANDARD" APPLY THE WORD LIKE A OINTMENT AND BANDAGE TO YOUR HEART AND SOUL. YOU WILL BE HEALED. YOU NEED THE SCRIPTURES ON A DAILY BASIS TO APPLY THEM TO YOUR HEART AND MIND. JESUS HELP THEM, HOLY SPIRIT TALK TO HER HEART THROUGH YOUR WORD. AMEN

D

Dio

I know what you are feeling. what is the medication?

O

OFM

keep going keep ur feet moving forward o k amen.

J

Jordache

J- thank you for your very thoughtful post. I will confirm what you are saying. I know I am carrying my mothers burden. As much as I can in my adult self say that she's wrong that I didn't ruin her life, that I didn't fail her; it is deeply engrained in me to believe it and know it. I do fight it with truth, but the voices are still there. And they aren't even her voices anymore. They are my voice that was trained by her. I know they're lies, but I still feel them. And the burden of being a failure to my mother is a big load to bare. Much of my "failure" was her fault. She set it up that way. Yet I still FEEL like its really just me that is the failure.
I was not allowed to feel anything growing up. I was wrong everytime. I was the cause. I heard everyday how much of a
burden I was. I do know that this is a stonghold.
I do hate and resent her. I am dealing with it. But i do feel these things. I will not physically put my arms around her. I can't. She is toxic. I can and do pray for her. It's difficult, but I do. I am working through this, but this is where I am now.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jordache, all you are feeling right now is simply your body's reaction to the burden you have carried alone for so long.
I know, been there myself.
You see, you are learning to give this burden and all the feelings you have carried all your life to Jesus.
The thing is, one rarely feels the weight, untill they are finnaly broken, and begin to give it to Jesus.
Kinda like a long workout, you dont feel the pain untill long after,at the end of the day. :)
Jesus will gently show you how to walk without the buden you were carrying, and you will delight in the freedom one day soon.
And the weakness and pain will pass. :)
Hugs Jordache, you are free!

God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Prayers for you to find the peace that surpasses understanding...
In Jesus Name, Amen

Phil 1:9 & 10
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,

S

sally26

Praying for you that you will find peace and joy even you are in the storm.TRUST IN GOD.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011

Praying for peace and rest for you....and that your body will quickly get used to the medication change :) .

Also, praying that you and your mom can come to some sort of 'peace treaty'.

W

wwjd_kilden

You are in my prayers