i just returned from iraq

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jules815

Maybe the wrong forum, but i thought too delicate a subject for family questions. I just returned from Iraq (I was working on helicopters as a civilian but took the job after being out of the aviation field after knowing a work visa is the only way to enter the country to evangalize). I returned back to Jax FL after contract end after 3 months of persuasion from an ex boyfriend (Steve) of 8 years asked me to "try again, maybe marriage and children are in our future".
* side note: I encountered a lot of spiritual warfare while in Iraq and have continued to during the last 3 weeks in the states. *

After 2 weeks of being back Steve was not acting normally. I am 31 years old and he is slightly older than me. He is an aethiest (first red flag, not equally yolked). I did something for the first time in 8 years that I knew signified the end of the relationship (after prayer).... I snuck in his house and went through his phone. I know that doesn't sound like direction from God over prayer... But the instruction was very clear. When I went through his phone I saw that he had been soliciting male transgender prostitutes for sex. He had visited two of them that evening. He had sexual intercourse with a total of 5 men, 3 female strippers and solicited 12 other people (unknown, unsaved phone numbers... Not sure if for money or not). I took screen shots of everything... So now I have text records, pictures and Facebook messages to back up everything. I also have phone numbers and home addresses of the recent male prostitutes he visited. I put back the phone, forwarded him some of the information I had and left town to go to my family 4 hours south.

Obviously I'm never going back there. And never dating him again. He has not responded to my texts although he knows I have all the information. After reading several of his texts telling whoever they were the only person in his life I forwarded the screen shots with dates and times he arranged meetings with others he was telling the same thing to (not the prostitutes, but other unsaved numbers). What do I do now? It's been three days and I've prayed about it... I'm leaving for Afghanistan in about 5 weeks. I can forget about him forever. But do I have a responsibility as the sole person with proof to go to the police so more people aren't hurt in the future.... I have names and phone numbers and addresses... Do I tell his aging Mother who is a registered nurse to get help for him? Do I just leave and never look back, hoping he doesn't already have HIV and/or won't continue this behavior and infect and kill himself and countless others?

I was a first contact officer for the Defender foundation trying to help save people that were involved in or victims of human trafficking previous to going to Iraq. I am also a team member of a popular Christian home make over show on TBN... I don't want to hurt my reputation to damage my ability to evangelize in the future by getting wrapped up in his problems.... But ill trade my reputation if it means potentially saving a life from HIV in the future (I do not know if he is even infected now... But the risk is certainly there) please advise

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Some suggestions :)

He has not returned your text so he has cut you off. Don't force your way back.

You can let his mother know there are health issues with his new lifestyle. You can shield her from the worse by not going into too much details.

Not sure if the police will be much help.