I just talked to Roboop, guess the % of users that give

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 8, 2012
I couldn't believe it.

1% of the users actually donate.

That is a big .01

Please, if you can, help him.

I was thoroughly ashamed.

Let's make an effort to support this ministry, because it really does reach people no church could.

I gave and I feel better.

(you will too)

What better way to further the kingdom of God than to help the least of these? - (That come on here as a last resort)

It's a full time job. He and his family cannot do it alone.

Jesus provides, always. - Let's be part of the provision.

Love in Jesus Christ,
Rick Shafer

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Thanks Rick.. just so everyone knows, I had nothing to do with posting this, and we sometimes take down such posts, but one admin said we should leave it.. so I might leave it or might remove it.. but in any case thank you Rick for your desire to pitch in and support our work. It is a lot of work, which needs to be supported, and we have significant expenses.

Thanks Rick and pardon me if I do remove this thread. But I appreciate your effort to help with fundraising :) It is one of the biggest challenges of this site (funding our work). Donate link is here: http://christianchat.com/donate .. and there is no minimum (all amounts are appreciated).

I may remove this soon.

God bless

Sep 8, 2012
Why?
Why remove it?
What kind of craziness is that?

Christians need to know!

People need to be reminded!

Support your local station of ministry.

--- Remove it??? (It took me a long time to write it, as words don't come easily for me.......)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Liar!!! :D I don't believe that words don't come easy for you........ you seem to be such a fluent (and articulate) blogger here in the forums! :)

J

jimmydiggs

One percent of total registered users or one percent of active users?

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
One percent of total registered users or one percent of active users?
jimmdiggs:

One percent of active users.

There are different ways to measure that. The simplest way is:

# of donations in the month / # of distinct users who logged in that month

That pretty much is "active users" coz it's not counting the other 95% of registered users (from the past years) who haven't logged in.

So anyway, measured that way, it's about 1% or less. Very, very hard to get above 1%. And that's not particular to our site. In fact, 1% is HIGH. For most sites, the # of users each month who click a donate button and actually donate would probably be around .1 or .01%. (Think about it -- how many times have you clicked a Donate button, for free software or whatever?)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
I would leave the thread up, but I'd move it to another forum where more people would see it.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
By the way, we're not after large amounts from any individual. Just seeking participation. With a lot of effort maybe can get to 2% participation? :) Or maybe God will do a miracle and we can even reach 3% participation? :) There is no minimum, so again it's just about participation.

Two ways to participate:

http://christianchat.com/donate

or for automated monthly, weekly, or biweekly (of any amount):

http://christianchat.com/donate-automatic.php

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Bump. (Taking this thread to all the forums one by one, since many people stick to their own forums of interest.)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I wanna donate but i have no money or credit card :[ If there was a face with bawling tears I would have posted it because literally almost teared up when I saw this. Not cool people, this site has helped me so much and darn it it needs money. I cannot donate due to no money or credit card and I cannot get a job due to brain damage but I can pray for the donations. Sorry robo I really am this is all i can do. I am looking at all of you with intense eyes......

Sep 8, 2012
Brother Blain,
Your prayers are more important than money.
Your prayers will cause others who have been blessed by this site to give.
You are praying to Jesus, not to people.
Jesus will turn them around into multiples of what you could have given.
That's just the way God works..... He's a strange one, the Lord....always doing more than you could ever ask or think.
Kind of like total grace. Just a work of the Lord in totality.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Brother Blain,
Your prayers are more important than money.
Your prayers will cause others who have been blessed by this site to give.
You are praying to Jesus, not to people.
Jesus will turn them around into multiples of what you could have given.
That's just the way God works..... He's a strange one, the Lord....always doing more than you could ever ask or think.
Kind of like total grace. Just a work of the Lord in totality.
Then pray I shall! By the way, I am still looking at all of you with intense eyes.....

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
im dirt poor. I dont think I even have a few pennies to my name. no joke what little money I see is gone as soon as i see it.

NateDaGrimes

Jan 7, 2013
if i had a job i'd pay about 1.50 a day or less.. i'd need the rest for gas money and for food :p but hey that would be the best i can do... if i get a raise and get more hours and more money ill raise my offering

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Many charities (does this site qualify as a charity?) have some sort of 'levels of giving' program that acknowleges giving. Perhaps you could institute something like that as an incentive for those who can give. Say, like a green star next to those cryptic green dots to indicate those who have donated within the last 30 days..?

Dec 19, 2009
Many charities (does this site qualify as a charity?) have some sort of 'levels of giving' program that acknowleges giving. Perhaps you could institute something like that as an incentive for those who can give. Say, like a green star next to those cryptic green dots to indicate those who have donated within the last 30 days..?
(I answered this post without carefully reading it. So now I am editing it to cancel out what I said.)

Last edited: