I know God more than you! Jealousy and Competition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
Do you ever sense jealousy or competition from other Christians, as though they want to prove that they have better faith, more love for God, are closer to him or do things more correctly than you do? I sense this a lot, it doesn't anger me at all or make me want to prove I'm better or know more righteousness. I just feel sorry that there is a feeling of the need to compete against others for the Lords affection or for ones own contentedness or to feel a higher ranking. I don't mind if I know less or am below in ranking if I am ranked I would be absolutely 100% happy to be beneath every last person, proud for all that each found God. Reminds me of something I wrote not long ago...

I give praise unto you Lord, at your feet is where I belong, I need not be at the top and above others, if they are above me let them be that, let me be under them and love you and love them and thank you and thank them for letting me be at your feet and in your presence and forever let me be greatful for being that - at your feet. I need nothing more as by even just a fraction of your love I am truly blessed. 01/01/2014

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
All of this stems from pride, and therefore is going to be common to all men of any belief system. Pride is a universal trait of the fall.

As Christians mature, they should display these qualities less and less.

The only solution is for Christians to grow and mature.
However, there will always be immature Christians, or even mature Christians struggling and having a bad day.

Oct 31, 2011
Being a Christian takes honesty with ourselves, that is SO hard. Have you noticed that often you can see why others act as they do when the person themselves don't know? I was once so prideful, I thought if something went wrong it was my fault, giving myself that much power. I had no idea that was what I was doing.

Facing jealousy in ourselves is HARD. Have you thought about, as you sit in church, that God loves every person in that church equally? God loves each of us posters the very same. It is so easy to think "God loves me more than God loves you".

Jealousy between the Jew and gentile is one of the moving forces of our church!