i miss my dad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gentleprincess

hey, i wrote here before. It's just thta at the moment, i'm feeling really sad now, because i miss my dad. I mean, we used to be really close. I used to want to be like him, he was my role model. He used to work a lot though. He'd leave early and come home late. Well, now finding out that reason was because of him promiscuous ways. I would live for Sundays, because that's the family day, he didn't work every other sunday, so that's wen we'd have time together as a family. It jus really hurts that he didn't love me enough to want to spend time with me, ya know. Instead he spent time with other women, not his kids...but i still looked up to him, i never knew, and now that i do, and everything has happened, i feel so much anger towards him. The Lord is healing ma anger though, slowly, but he is, but everything's changed now. I don't think i could ever have such a close relationship with my dad ever again. He's never home, or nething, well, he's living somewhere else, n i hardly see him. He's not even acting like himself anymore. It honestly feels as if he's not there anymore, like he's a different person. I miss my dad, i really do. but I know everything happens for a reason. and the Lord will take care of me.

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
Princess, i feel ya. dads are precious and its easy to feel hurt when they do stuff that hirts us, especially when we look up to him. but even when others are lacking in faith, God is faithful and it seems like your heart is already on the right track on following God ^_^. I pray that your heart will heal..and so will your father's

C

chelsers

I'm so sorry Gentle, I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Adultery effects the entire family and for the kids, it can really shake your world. The anger is understandable and it sounds like you're moving into grieving over the relationship you had. That's a good thing. The relationship will never be the same, but I want to say to try and pray for your father. He's going to need it. Pray for you mother as well. I'm sure you are, but it may help you to assuage your sadness.

One good thing you can take from this though is to look to Jesus as your role model. Many people look to their parents but at some point we all realize, some in a harder way than others, that they are human. I pray that out of this pain, you and your whole family can grow closer to Jesus and I'll keep you in my prayers.

R

Raeshelle

GentlePrincess, You can get over this amd move on with a great relationship with you Dad with God's help. I been where you are at but it was with my Mom, and I was to the point where I hated her I did not even want to talk to her ever again. But them I realized I had let hatred and bitterness crep in and I needed to ask Jesus to take all that hurt, hate and bitterness away. I did alot of crying and praying, but God healed all that hurt, he brought me to a new and closer relationship with my Mom.. I love her dearly.. If God can do that for me he can do the same for you..

N

nanabean

Hi Gentleprincess......I really don't feel I can add much to the wisdom of what Chelsers and Raeshelle have said, but I would like to say that while relationships do change, they can still be good and solid and loving. Do remeber that while your parents may not be together any more..they both still do love you. A new relationship will develop over time and you may still miss the old closeness, but give God time to help you and your family heal..and move forward. I will pray for you all.

Feb 27, 2007
kakashi i'm lovin your two irish thumbs up! princess, dont think that your dads need for gratification by the attention of women has anything to do with his love for you. It effects your relationship for sure but it definitely doesnt diminish his love for you. You are at the age where the illusion of parents changes and suddenly they become people with faults... the pedistal gets knocked down so to speak. Like everyone else said try to forgive him and embark on your new relationship as two adults, not just daddy & his little hurt little girl. We are all little kids... even me at 40, we all make mistakes and your dad was catering to the flesh. Like others have posted here, your Heavenly Father will never let you down, so turn to him and Love and honour your father as we are instructed in the Bible. Pray for his salvation & if he is already Christian pray that he will be convicted to be in Gods will in his life. He will know you are Christian by your Love! (jason upton worship song) Big hugs to you!

G

gentleprincess

thank you so much!!!! Alll of you have been very encouraging! thank you. God Bless you all