I need help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rimbixris

Hi, how r u? Hope u well. I'm ok. I hope it’s not too strange that u r receiving a message from me since u don’t know me and I don’t u either. I hope it’s not too strange for u.
Let me just give u a brief background of myself and my history so that you can understand me better. I was born in a Christian family as an Anglican and I have been going to that Church all my life until about 3 years ago when I moved away from home. Although i went to Church I never really had a connection with God or accepted him totally. It was just a formality thing that the family would go to Church on Sundays. It dint mean much to me.

When i left home for College I began going to another Church. Although I have been going there for 3 years i can say that my relationship with God has not improved. I feel encouraged when i go to Church, but as soon as I get back I begin to sin again. I have never had the courage to go for an altar call. I have done a lot of stupid things in the past 6 or so months. Things that i regret and things I can’t forgive myself for. I have prayed for some of them but i just don’t seem to feel better and I constantly repeat them.

I know it’s asking for too much strangers, but maybe one day I will have the courage to reveal my identity. I don’t know who u r but based on your posts here I have concluded that i could learn some things from the people here. I am looking for someone to be accountable to. Someone i can ask questions, and ask for guidance where I am not sure.

I have realised that my life has this meaninglessness and emptiness and I think a good relationship with God may help me become a better person and forgive myself for some of the things I have done. I have difficulties opening up to people around me, I tend to withdraw and just keep to myself. I lack the courage to ask for help outright, from people at the Church I go to or my fellow collegues. I AM LOOKIN FOR SOMEONE I CAN BE ACCOUNTABLE TO, SOMEONE WHO CAN GUIDE ME, SOMEONE I CAN OPEN UP TO.

I am not able to offer u anything in return and i do not expect anything for you as well. It’s ok if u do not want to help, or if u cannot be of any help or maybe u r just not interested. No hard feelings.

I am a 23 year old feamle student, so i might relate better with and to other females. But anyone willing to help will be greatly apperciated. I am a bit nervous about this too, but i trust that i stand to benefit and become the person i want to be, so its fine. You r welcome to email me or reply to the post. Thanks for reading my message.

Kind regards

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Greetings,

Not such a good idea to associate God with modern Churches, or that because you come from a christian family that you have grown up knowing something about God, there has never been so many churches in the world and there are a billion people who call themselves "christian" every one with a Bible and yet we have never been so far away from God, why is this? Because we cannot recognize truth anymore and we inhabite a world where truth is in short supply, it's very rare and it's very expensive, takes alot of sacrifice to aquire just a little truth...Well God owns all the truth, He has alot of it, in fact He has it all...

Probably does not help very much. Better if I just quopte the Bible;

"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God."

Don't why I thought of that.

Praise God.

S

Slepsog4

Cup of Ruin wrote in part:
Because we cannot recognize truth anymore

That being true, we should not even listen to you!

M

MaggieMye

Rimbixris: I'm a Christian; born again, spirit-filled Christian MOM...which is what I perceive that you are in need of...a spiritual mother that will lead and teach and encourage you.
You can email any and all questions to: maggie_mye (at) hotmail (dot) com.
It is obvious that God is pulling on your heart-strings...He wants YOU to know Him as well as He knows you!! It's a journey!! and an AWESOME one at that! That is not to say that there won't be upsets and difficulties...but when you know that He's got your back, it is ALL for the GOOD of those that Love Him!
Maggie

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Cup of Ruin wrote in part:

That being true, we should not even listen to you!
I agree, don't listen to me, but listen to the word;

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth, for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come." John 16:13

It is the Spirit of Truth that guides.

Jan 31, 2009
one thing that stuck out to me is that you said you had never had the courage to do an Altar call. I also didn't notice if you said you had ever accepted Christ as Your Lord, you can spend the rest of your life in church and never find any peace. See we are not always told the cost of salvation. salvation is a free gift from God, but in order to obtain the Gift we have to confess Jesus as Lord and believe with our Heart that God hath raised Him from the dead. the problem with most folks is that we take the Saviour part of Lord and Saviour, but we do nothing with the Lord part. if we confess Him as Lord then we should make Him Lord, our Life no longer is our life But we live it for Him. now I am not saying you are not saved just that I don't know by your info you gave. If we are saved we will know right and wrong, and if we believe that God raised Him from the dead, then we should want to do good Because it pleases the one that gave everything He had for us. so with the Altar call we confess Him as Lord. so if you have never said Jesus you are my Lord. try that first( just tell someone that you have made Jesus Lord of your life) then ask him for the wisdom and strength to Live your Life for Him Now. and just Back up and let that Holy Ghost have His way in your life .
Ro 10:8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;Ro 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.Ro 10:10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.Ro 10:11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.Ro 10:12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.Ro 10:13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

if you can't confess Him as Lord before men then He said
Mr 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ASHAMED of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ASHAMED, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
You won't begin to know God until you surrender yourself to God.

A

ashieldoffaith

I AM LOOKIN FOR SOMEONE I CAN BE ACCOUNTABLE TO, SOMEONE WHO CAN GUIDE ME, SOMEONE I CAN OPEN UP TO.
Rimbixris... that someone is God

R

Raeshelle

Feel free to contact me anytime, I check my email here daily, I am willing to help as much as I can with God's help. I am a Mother of 2 a son 22 and a daughter 17. Anything you share with me will be between you and I only if you ask me not to share. God Bless and i will keep you in my prayers.

May 21, 2009
You can talk to me anytime. I will help you any way I can. God is the one that can fix the problems. Click me I will help by the grace of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.