I need prayer about prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I pray to GOD every day on a regular basis and I'm thankful for that. I want to talk with Him though not just to Him about a few things on my mind. Now I know right now I can just talk to Him and tell Him whats on my mind. I want to actually converse with Him though like have an actual back and forth conversation with Him about a few personal things on my mind. I don't want to just tell Him. I read a book I found in a Church library once I think it was called "Conversations with GOD" something like that and in the book a Christian lady recorded actual back and forth conversations she had with GOD. I would just like to be able to converse with Him too but even after reading that I still don't know how possible that is. I know I can't physically see Him I believe the Bible does say we can't see the face of GOD and live I'm not certain but I think it does. I don't think I could take physically hearing Him the Israelites at Mount Sinai sure couldn't His voice scared them half to death. It may not even be possible on this side of Heaven to converse back and forth with GOD but if possible I sure would like to about some personal things on my mind so please pray about this for me.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jenny712, Without a doubt, there is a beautiful communion between our Heavenly Father & His children, and its eternal. Having a surrendered life to the Lord & yielding to His ways daily, learning to walk in truth & seeing life in an "eternal perspective" meaning the big picture of Gods plan for mankind which is so intertwined to Jesus giving His life for us on the cross. His covenant promise to us who belong to Him, and for all those who don't belong to the Lord, the invitation to new life & salvation is for all of us. With that said, having a connection, or communion with the Lord is absolutely for us. He abide within us & as we yield to Him daily, and believing His presence is with us, is an open door to talking with the Lord, praying to Him, worshiping His Holy name etc...In psalms 139: says Jesus is intimately acquainted with all our ways. He know all the hidden thoughts & hopes, dreams and desires of our heart, and before a word is even spoken from our mouth....He knows. Its a communion between Our Father God "Abba Father" and His Children, and its real! For me personally, I talk to the Lord everyday, and all throughout my days. I ask for His wisdom, His direction or what He thinks about an issue or situation, or if I should make this decision or not. I know He is very present & He listens! as a loving Father would listen to His child. He guides, He has a great sense of humor:) & He loves to be a part of every area of ones life. I know this is a very long answer to your post, but its what I know to be true! Hearing a audible voice of the Lord can happen, as I have heard testimonies of those who have, but if you don't ever hear an audible voice, just know your Heavenly Father is listening with His heart full of Love for you. You can share with the Lord, as He cares!
Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks for sharing, Jenny. I’m sure that the Lord will be pleased in this longing of your heart, and I know that He will be faithful to you as you wait in His presence to hear from Him. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that He will fulfill the desires of your heart and assure you of His constant care and intimate involvement in everything that concerns you. Blessings!

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray with Jenny for her desire. Lord we ask you to bless this prayer in Jesus Name. Amen

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Jenny712, in this matter. In Jesus righteous name, Amen!