I need some help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Isaiah_Cooper

Ive been living un godly and im seeking forgiveness and to be redeem ...should i cry In order for God to hear me or do I have to be sincere and mean it to get forgiveness?........Also how long should I read the word and pray?

F

forgivenandloved

You must be sincere and mean it to receive forgiveness. You don't have to pray or read the word for a certain amount of time just sincerely ask for forgiveness.

V

vinced91

except Christ ask his forgiveness say your sorry and start life a new thats it!

P

pente_girl92

Go to the Lord with a SINCERE heart!!Jesus knows your every thought and He'll know if you are really sorry and seeking Him.It's not about what you so or how long you do it's about how you talk to God what you say to Him and if your pleading for forgiveness is real!God Bless!

C

Cako53

Forgiveness is recieved when you come with a sincere heart. Remember, Jesus didn't come so that he could be our license to sin. If you mean it and want to change then do it. Ask God from your heart to forgive you. But when you repent you have to remember to turn from your sin!!! Don't just fall right back into it. When you do fall, God will be there waiting.

Jan 14, 2010
ask from the heart, not from the mind.

God knows your heart inside and out, and only wants you to come to true repentance... if that leads you to cry, then so be it. If not, then so be it. He just wants you to be sincere, and He knows when you are :)

as far as reading His Word, His Word is literally a light into this dark world... read it whenever you can, and when it comes to prayer, it's not a set in stone kind of thing... again, as confessing from the heart, talk from the heart.. you dont have to close your eyes while praying either... simply let your heart speak to God, and let it cry out to Him... and He will hear you.:)

M

machew

Ive been living un godly and im seeking forgiveness and to be redeem ...should i cry In order for God to hear me or do I have to be sincere and mean it to get forgiveness?........Also how long should I read the word and pray?
All you need to do is ask Him for forgiveness. You obviously have a desire and are sincere, otherwise you wouldn't have made this post. Ask Jesus to forgive you, assume that your sins are forgiven, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit to teach you and comfort you. :)

Blessings,

Machew

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
To answer your last question first, I would say base that on how scared you are of going to hell.

In my experience, I tried all kinds of things to get God to hear me. You must be born again. That is, born of God, born from above, God says that He will put His spirit in you.

In Matthew Jesus says that many will say to Him on the day of judgement Lord, Lord. And Jesus will say, I never knew you, depart from me you worker of lawlessness.

So I didn't feel comfortable assuming that I was forgiven.

All you can really do though is ask, and seek the truth.

That doesn't mean you can go and try and act like a good person so God will save you. That is a lie.

There are acouple verses I will point you too. See if you can figure them out.

The first one is very important.

Mark 1:15(words of Jesus) and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

This one might scare you a bit.

Romans9:15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

and this.

Romans4: 7 “ Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.”

Now here is a parable that Jesus taught.

5 And He said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’;
7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’?
8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?
12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Dec 19, 2009
I have been where you are. Sometimes we know we need God, but there is much of the world and other allures that pull us to them. Basically you will have to be sincere. God hates half measures, I know I have lived so much of my life that way.
Unfortunately you have a choice. You can either come to God now, and submit to Him, or you can put Him off for other things. But if you do that, I can assure you your unhappiness will increase, until in the end you cry out to God in desperation from the heart. But the unhappiness and despair you will have in the meantime will be truly horrible

How do I know? Because I have spent thirty years refusing to come to God and give Him what He wanted. I have wasted my life, a life He wanted. I pray you will not do the same.

It does not matter how much you read your Bible and pray, if you are not sincere in your heart that you want to love God, and be with Him it will mean nothing.

I am positive in the end you will be witrh Him. The question is do you want to go through the pain and unhappiness first of playing games with Him.

Gid Bless you, I sincerely hope and pray you find happiness with God, because although this world has many allurements and enticements it can never make you happy, just rob you of peace and happiness

B

Beans

The bible says that they that worship him must worship him in spirit and truth. Many people in the bible prayed for forgiveness such as David. David killed a woman's husband and God forgave him. If you come to him with a sincere and just heart he will forgive you of every sin. Far as how long you she read and pray....DO what you're heart feels led to do. Remember though that GOD is not interested in competition what other things, you must always put him first in all your doings. GOD BLESS.