I never knew you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Samual

I remember seeing something about Jesus telling men at the gates when they close "Depart from me ye cursed, I never knew you." This makes me wonder about other things said, like He who comes to me I will in no wise cast out. What do they mean?

Dec 12, 2013
You have to come to the Father through Jesus in accordance with the required faith that the bible points to...Those who come to him dia faith will be received and in no wise be cast out....those who do not come by biblical faith he will never know and or receive.....and they will be cast out!

HQ

Jan 26, 2014
"Depart from me ye cursed, I never knew you."
Can you think of a more terrifying statement to hear on judgement day? It gives me chills just thinking about it.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I remember seeing something about Jesus telling men at the gates when they close "Depart from me ye cursed, I never knew you." This makes me wonder about other things said, like He who comes to me I will in no wise cast out. What do they mean?
Who ever comes to Jesus will never be told by Jesus "I NEVER knew you".

K

KennethC

Luke 6:46-49 the Lord Jesus tells us what it means to be of those who come to Him that He will never cast out, and there He says it is those who come to Him, hear what He says, and then goes and does what He taught and commanded.

Those He tells He never knew them is a denying term, that those who deny Him by no faith, disobedience to Him, and continues to live and serve sinful lives will be denied the kingdom of heaven.

God knows all that He created the good and the bad, so this can only be applied to those who never gave their whole life to the Lord to have a personal relationship with Him. Deliberate sinful lifestyles keep's those separated from God !!!

Dec 1, 2014
Can you think of a more terrifying statement to hear on judgement day? It gives me chills just thinking about it.
Matthew 7:21-23 used to really bother me; so much so that I needed to talk with my pastor. He told me, Utah, because you're worried about it means that you actually don't need to worry about it. We live by grace; rejoice and believe the Good News. :cool:

Feb 1, 2015
I believe this has to do with the Millennium only, evidence I do not have, but I have heard it preached that it was. The security of the believer will always stand secure. :)

Jan 7, 2015
The cursed are those who did not do the Lords will.

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Peter shows who the cursed children are...

2 Peter 2:14
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

They are those workers of iniquity, who confess the Lord with their mouths but deny Him in works....

Luke 13:24-27 "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.