I Prefer Secular Music (with DISCRETION!) Over CCM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PrivateBadge45

Right now I'm listening to a secular song from a motion picture soundtrack LP
from 1977. Love it! In fact I listen to alot of TV/movie soundtracks (SDTK short
for soundtrack).

"Thunderball" (James Bond movie from 1965).
"LeMans" (Steve McQueen movie 1971).
"Bullitt" (also Steve McQueen, 1968).
"Red Dawn" (the first one 1984). The movie that got Ronald Reagan re-elected
for a because American's were terrified of the Soviet Union! :LOL:(y)

"A Gunfight" (starring Johnny Cash and Kirk Douglas).

Speak of, I still have Johnny Cash's "The Gospel Road" ( filmed entirely on location
in Israel.

"Shaft's Big Score" (the second Shaft movie) Gordon parks, composer and his hit
"Symphony For Shafted Souls" (The Big Chase).

Just about everything "Dirty Harry" especially "Magnum Force"!

"The 1812 Overture" Eugene Ormandy, with the Morman Tabernacle Choir singing
"God Preserve Thy People" , and the Valley Forge Military Academy band providing
the necessary battlefield atmosphere and ending with real cannons and Russian church bells.

That's just a partial list. And, I love The Monkees, and my favorite Mike Nesmith, a good ol'
boy who brought the country sounds to their last few albums.

I loved CCM in the late 70's/early 80's until things got to be campy, predictable and unbearable.

Larry Norman, Aundre' Crouch and The Disciples, Sheila Walsh, Petra (especially with their rendition of
their Doxology Parts 1 & 2,) Debbie Boone and The Boone Girls in their album "Glass Castle"; and I can't
forget STRYPER and The Battle Hymm of The Republic.

Again, only a partial list.

How about you?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Of the music written in the last 30 years, I prefer secular tunes.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
With 4000+ albums even a partial list would be sizable.

Oct 27, 2021
You listed great music in your post; thank you very much. My father likes to listen to something like this, so I always tenderly relate to such a theme. I remember how since childhood, he instilled in me a taste for good music in the evenings when we sat down near the record player and he showed his favorite songs. I am grateful to him because now I can distinguish mediocre music from genius because I have developed a taste since childhood. I would like to know which service you listen to music on since I can't find similar tracks everywhere. I am currently using the music distribution platform, but I would like to know about different options in order to understand this better

Oct 29, 2021
Right now I'm listening to a secular song from a motion picture soundtrack LP
from 1977. Love it! In fact I listen to alot of TV/movie soundtracks (SDTK short
for soundtrack).

"Thunderball" (James Bond movie from 1965).
"LeMans" (Steve McQueen movie 1971).
"Bullitt" (also Steve McQueen, 1968).
"Red Dawn" (the first one 1984). The movie that got Ronald Reagan re-elected
for a because American's were terrified of the Soviet Union! :LOL:(y)

"A Gunfight" (starring Johnny Cash and Kirk Douglas).

Speak of, I still have Johnny Cash's "The Gospel Road" ( filmed entirely on location
in Israel.

"Shaft's Big Score" (the second Shaft movie) Gordon parks, composer and his hit
"Symphony For Shafted Souls" (The Big Chase).

Just about everything "Dirty Harry" especially "Magnum Force"!

"The 1812 Overture" Eugene Ormandy, with the Morman Tabernacle Choir singing
"God Preserve Thy People" , and the Valley Forge Military Academy band providing
the necessary battlefield atmosphere and ending with real cannons and Russian church bells.

That's just a partial list. And, I love The Monkees, and my favorite Mike Nesmith, a good ol'
boy who brought the country sounds to their last few albums.

I loved CCM in the late 70's/early 80's until things got to be campy, predictable and unbearable.

Larry Norman, Aundre' Crouch and The Disciples, Sheila Walsh, Petra (especially with their rendition of
their Doxology Parts 1 & 2,) Debbie Boone and The Boone Girls in their album "Glass Castle"; and I can't
forget STRYPER and The Battle Hymm of The Republic.

Again, only a partial list.

How about you?
I take it on a song by song basis myself.

O

Oblio

For the most part, I like Vineyard music up until around 2000 or so. After that, I kinda lost touch, though I've been getting back into it lately.