I rep wisdom

• Thread starter StudentOfWisdom
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

StudentOfWisdom

Wisdom is the principal thing therefore get wisdom; and in all your getting get understanding. Are you living a life devoid of wisdom ?? If so God wants to show you a different path today.. Turn away from the path of self-righteousness and human wisdom and follow the voice of God.

F

Falcon1990

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

S

StudentOfWisdom

You are there.. But do you truly understand what it means to fear the lord ?? Answer with scripture if you do

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Wisdom itself is nothing without understanding. For how can one seem wise if his lips do not have understanding? And what is wise to man is dull to god, what is wise to god is dull to man. Can wisdom itself be the key to understanding God? Or does it take a heart willing to know and admit they know nothing compared to the one and only God?

Wisdom is indeed a precious treasure found in the many books of the bible, like gold and silver come the words from the lips of the wise, but even greater the treasure from the lips of the wise with an understanding heart.

F

Falcon1990

I only started reading the Bible like a month or two ago, but you should fear God because he is the one who will send you to hell. I did read proverbs, but i am planning on reading it again in the future.

P

piper27

James 1:5 [SUP] [/SUP]If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Remember God is LOVE, he loves you so much! He is not planning on sending you to hell -- if you've accepted Christ, you are in relationship with the father. He cannot seperate himself from you. YOU are a son.

1still_waters

Wisdom is found in trusting in Jesus alone, and rejecting all paths outside of Jesus.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe it comes from having a relationship with the lord. If we are gonna do this i see no reason to go big. What I mean by that is if we are gonna have faith and be children of God, I see no reason to see just how deep we can go in him. How deep and rich can the love between the father and us go? I plan on testing this, I know the cost, I know how dangerous it is. But to be honest my walk in christ has been hard, easy but most of all FUN:D

S

StudentOfWisdom

The Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding proverbs 2:6 this implies that wisdom does not exist outside God. Only in him and through him can one ever attain wisdom. And all outside him is foolishness. Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the lord and depart from evil prov 3:7.. Honestly I think proverbs is the best portion of the bible.. We all need to study @ least one chapter daily for it contains so much information to help us in our daily lives

1still_waters

The Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding proverbs 2:6 this implies that wisdom does not exist outside God. Only in him and through him can one ever attain wisdom. And all outside him is foolishness. Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the lord and depart from evil prov 3:7.. Honestly I think proverbs is the best portion of the bible.. We all need to study @ least one chapter daily for it contains so much information to help us in our daily lives
Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation?
I believe he does, I once went through a stage where I sought wisdom from proverbs as well. Wisdom may be found in the bible but only one who can perceive the meaning behind it all can obtain the wisdom in it

S

StudentOfWisdom

Yes I do believe that jesus is the only way to salvation.. He is the final bus stop of the christian faith. You can't do anything without first accepting him as your lord and personal saviour. All the wisdom in the world would profit us nothing if we have not christ in our lives as our saviour. For no one can go to the father except through the son

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes I do believe that jesus is the only way to salvation.. He is the final bus stop of the christian faith. You can't do anything without first accepting him as your lord and personal saviour. All the wisdom in the world would profit us nothing if we have not christ in our lives as our saviour. For no one can go to the father except through the son
Well said:]

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

The fear of the Lord is The Beginning of Wisdom I have found that the completeness (or perfection) of Wisdom is His Agape through Jesus implanted by the Holy Spirit.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
And the lord says: If any of you need wisdom come to me!