I think I'm finally going to go through with it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DorothyG

This is it. I'm ending it all now. I can't take one more day of this.... meaningless life. I've hit a dead end.

It's over.

I look forward to seeing Jesus really soon.

D

DorothyG

Well I really just don't see the point to life, even knowing Jesus as my savior... It's all meaningless, my depression is too much for me.

God never gives us more than we can bear?
God has obviously never suffered from depression before.

U

Ugly

Jesus cried so hard before his crucifixion he cried tears of blood. That's how heavy the stress and burden he had on him was. God understands.
Are you seeking professional help? Because if not then you are not doing everything possible. You're just giving up without doing all you can.
I can relate, i've had struggles with depression all my life, and have had suicidal impulses at times as well.

U

Ugly

buckets sent you mail. wants you to call her, Dorothy.

Sep 6, 2013
Lord, I call out to you in the name of Jesus your son and our intercessor, to cover Dorothy now. Lift her heavy heart and her depression so that she can see your face and her hope in Christ. Hold her in her suffering, and give her the strength she needs to move forward in her life, to heal, to get better. We ask this of you God, and we thank you for listening to our prayers. Amen.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I tried to kill myself when I was 17, obviously failed but I was out for 3 days. Jesus was there when I came to, He spent the next 3 years showing me in great detail the world to come, and how this one failed in becoming that. To be honest, hardly a day goes by that I don't pray I be done with this and on to the next. If people only knew... we suffer as long and hard as humanly possible because we only believe and don't know. But I promised God I wouldn't try that again.

Jesus says we will suffer. Paul suffered, and wished to move on, (For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain Phil 1:21+), but thought it necessary to remain in the body. He also said in 1 Thess 3:8 for now we live, if you are standing fast in the Lord. While if we are saved we will not go to 'hell' for commiting suicide, we are told not to, and we will account for it if we do.

I wish I knew more about your situation, you have my prayers and understanding in what I do know; and I pray, Lord God, that You be God over this situation. Bear this one up Holy Spirit, that she not take the shortcut home. And may her soul be saved in Christ either way.

Amen

Let us know you're ok

buckets

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 14, 2013
So sorry I didn't see this sooner

I don't say this often

Dorothy I love you

Gary

Oct 23, 2011
Dorothy, you have friends that care about you and are willing to help. I don't know your circumstances but please don't take your life…..you are one of God's children and you are very precious to Him. Talk to God…..He hears you and He will restore you…..that's a promise. There are many people who will stand with you and help see you through this!!!!

Lord, please let Dorothy know that you have this under control and that everything will be okay!

S

savedbyyourmercy

Dorothy.. I too am suffering depression.. you are not alone.. even great prophets like elijah suffered.. remember after the Mt. Carmel showdown he was threatened by Jezebel and he wanted to die but the Lord sustained him.. to quote from a sunday message I just read :
(2.2 How is salvation received?) “Thirdly, you actually have to be willing to go through humbling experiences yourself. When did Elijah get the still small voice? When he was so exhausted and so depressed that he wanted to die. When did Jacob see the stairway? When he was so exhausted and so depressed that he wanted to die. When did Moses see the burning bush? When he was out in the wilderness and thought that his life was over. He had run away from Egypt and thought that his life was over. He was now just a shepherd. People who have known God the longest will always tell you that it is the lonely places; it is the experiences of desolation and loneliness that drives you to God. Those times are the gate of heaven. That is when the angels descend and ascend. It is the humbling experiences that bring more of God into your life. It has always been so.

What is the message of Christmas? Jesus identified with us in our weakness and our humiliation, so that our times of weakness and humiliation can be turned into strength. Therefore, it should inspire us that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who calls the stars into existence through the sound of His voice, wants to know us and identify with us at the expense of His very life. That should lift us, move us, console us and empower us. And it does!...

may these words comfort you Dorothy.. we have works to do while here on earth for His kingdom.. He gave us life and it is Him who has the rights to decide when He would call us home...

J

Jullianna

Dorothy, When I was exactly your age I fought the same battle. I felt alone and without hope. But God revealed Himself to me in a mighty way and my life was spared. I am praying that He will do the same for you.

Please know that there are people who really do care about you. You are not alone.

Continuing to pray that God will comfort you, give you His peace and reveal Himself to you as He did to me. He must have amazing plans for you for you to be going through this right now. They are worth sticking around for, I promise you.

G

The enemy will make you think that, but it's not true. Remember as Paul said, to fight the good fight of Faith. Jesus never asked us to be perfect, but to trust him. He knows what is good for us when we can't see the future, everything is in his hands. Don't give up sister you can also tell him what is bothering you. He is not going to be mad at you for feeling sad. Lay all you're cares on him. He is a jealous God and wouldn't want you to go to anyone else anyways. He is more than a creator, he is also you're daddy/boyfriend/best friend, or anything else you need him to be. :)

Jul 25, 2012
You might not care to listen to some random stranger like me, but I have to strongly disagree with the route that suicide has to offer. I know it seems sweeter to just end it now. And I know that feeling of wanting it to just stop. For me it felt absolute and that feeling to go through with killing myself was strong. I felt my reasons for doing so were justified. But, I could not be any more wrong. Just looking at all these comments shows how much there are people out there who actually care enough for you to live.

My attempt was several months ago, actually. I violently prompted a man and a woman of the law to try and shoot me. But God saw a different outcome that night.

He will show you that things can be better if you allow Him to heal you. Just as He's showing me that He can. If we are willing to let Him in to work within us, He can.

C

colalella2891

This isn't the answer, don't do it.

I've had battled with depression before, and I still do sometimes. And i've thought about killing myself as well, because eternity/Heaven is way better than this world. But the thing is, God needs me here. He needs you here as well. He has plans for our lives; he has a specific plan for each one of us. He needs us to do His work here, and he wants to use us to do that work and achieve His goals.

If God didn't need you, me, or anybody else here, he would end it all. But he hasn't and he won't. We have a purpose in this world, for Him, and He wants us to fulfill those purposes.

I know that this world can be discouraging... I mean it really can be, especially being a Christian. But ending your life isn't the right thing to do. You're cherished, you're loved, and you're needed here. I know you don't know me at all, but I really hope you don't go through with this.