I want to be more positive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Relena7

my friends of cc w/me having this autism adhd and a learning disability I have been bullied on my whole life got beat up on some occainsions got name called and it feels like I am hated I try to think positive about myself but w/my disabilities it's really hard cause I think slowly I even been made fun of the way I talk and the way my face looks ugly I been called ugly cause of my face etc it just hurts me badly please post of you only think good stuff about me thank you and may god bless everyone

RockinMan2010
Hi RockinMan,
I know what it's like to think differently, I have ADD (the non hyperactive variety). I used to think negatively about how my mind was, but when I was 24 I realized that some of the very things I saw as bad were actually underdeveloped gifts...I just couldn't see it until I stopped comparing myself negatively to how other people think and do things.

Please try not to take it personally when people bully. They only do it because they are ignorant and misunderstanding people who only look at the surface or outside behavior of a person before deciding how to treat them.
That doesn't make it okay, and it doesn't make them right.

I'm not a big fan of the term "disabled". I know some use it to give themselves closure after a long time of not knowing why they were different, and I get that. But remember, just because your earthly mind is called "disabled" in this world doesn't mean your spirit is disabled. That is untouchable. =) And that's the part of you that has the potential for the most genuine positive influence...it just may come up in a different way than you planned.
(I share this here because these are the things I remember to help me to stay positive, and I hope it helps you too.)

Will pray for you tonight. :)

-Relena

Last edited by a moderator: