I'd like to introduce myself

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

His_will_i_am

Hello, everyone. My name is William and I hope to have some great converstaions with people here. I guess the first thing I should do is give a bit of my testimony so that people will know where I come from and how I came to know the Lord, Jesus the Christ/Messiah Yeshua.

When I was about 19, I had my first 'experience' with my Lord. I had gotten into a fight with my girlfriend and called the police on her. When the police arrived, they ended up taking me to jail. When I found myself alone in the Clinton Township Mi., jail cell I freaked. I remember being angry, hurt, confused, and whole lot of different things. Well, I got mad and had the audacity to call out God.
I remember just being totally ticked off and yelling at God, "Why are you doing this to me?" Wrong thing to do. (lol) The next thing I know I'm standing up somewhere (at the time I was lying on the concrete slab), with what seemed to be a veil over my face. I could see figures of light around me, vaguely. It was like I had a blanket over my face and looking at a lightbulb through it. Well as I was taking it all in, I heard a voice that sounded like Niagara falls (a voice of thunder) and all He asked me was, "Why are you asking me this?" I remember feeling stunned to my very being. I felt like I had just back talked my dad and was in serious trouble, but only to the Nth power. There was such a strength in this voice that He clearly had and has no need to yell.
As I stood there, I heard these figures which were surrounding me think, (in heaven there is no need to 'talk', our minds are opened to each other) and it was if I could hear their conversations. They were all talking about me and what I was going to do. What I got from it was that they were excited and seemed eager for me to do 'something'. After what seemed like a minute or two after the thundering voice of God, I found myself back in the jail cell, completely calm, and thought about what had happened until I was released the next day.
I didn't really 'come to the Lord' for another 7 years, during which I lived a life of sin. But during those years He brought me low, so low that when I finally submitted myself to Him, I was a homeless guy living on the streets of Metro-Detroit. Since that time when I said, "Lord, I give up", my walk has been something out of Scripture.
At first, I freely shared my testimony and all the things which I experienced, thinking that it was the norm. I soon discovered that what I experience isn't the norm and found a variety of negative reactions from people I assumed would believe and understand. For a while I stopped sharing my testimony. But I came to realize that it was part of the price I had to pay and that all of the things which I get to experience aren't just for the sake of experiencing them. They are to share with God's people, so that those who have also experienced some of the things which I have can feel encouraged and not so alone. It also reveals those who know the Lord and those who don't.

I've experienced so many things in my short walk that it amazes me. I don't mind questions or anything like that and look forward to sharing and being shared with. Blessings and hugs to all of you who are seeking to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Nov 14, 2008
Hello william........... do you by any chance like beavers???

M

missy2shoes

Welcome to CC William.......hope you feel right at home soon :)

L

Lauren

What a great testimony! I do hope you continue to share with others using wisdom and discernment on who to share with. Welcome to CC!

H

His_will_i_am

Thank you all for the welcome. Blessings and hugs.

M

mariwasa

hi wiliam,

you are so blessed your experience didnt get you so far as to loose your sanity. i had visions too and sadly bec the doctor diagnosed im a shcizo, they dismissed it as hallucinations. anyhow God is working miracles in my life. my mom still insists on taking my medication even up to now which is quite very expensive here. yeah medicines are God's intrument of healing, but i do declare God is completely healing me now. now i tell people God's goodness, im no longer ashamed to share that sometime i was cazy. our experience gives depth to our testimonies. and when people see the tranformation in our lives they will see the mighty power of God's love working in us. and thus giving testimony to glorify Him is our servitude in grateful acknowlegement of His love
welcome to cc william. May Gods mighty hand cover you.

mariwasa