Idea(s) Astray: Days in Review (for October 25-29)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
The past 5 days have been busy. So, let me get to it...
  • Saturday... was spent preparing for a Halloween alternative party.
  • Sunday morning was an amazing service.
  • Sunday night was the main outreach event. We reached many demographics and a whole lot of people during the event. A few names that come to mind: Stephanie, James, Dwana, Sherrel and Alonzo. And many more were met, but I have forgotten the names already (not the faces).
  • As for Monday, I happened to be at the church when a woman walked up asking when the event would be happening. Sadly, I informed her of how they missed it. Still, God used it. I handed out waters, a bag of left over candy, and invitations to future activities. Actually, the best way, however, that I related to her was a mistake... and incredible coincidence. (More on this below)
  • Tuesday night basketball was pretty cool. We had less men than the previous 3 weeks, but great interactions took place. And we had at least one new person-- from the neighborhood-- show up. Name: Maurice
    Khalil (check spelling) shared that he intends to bring some of the guys with him to a Sunday service, but his job is preventing him at the time. (I think he is a natural leader who needs someone to invest in that.)
  • Wednesday was great again. The focus verse was Ephesians 4:32.
    And the kids created Get Well cards for some men who are suffering more than most... one is a quadriplegic who is bed-bound; the other is in need of a new heart... he is close to getting one but has been on wait for nearly a year now. He knows in order for him to get a heart, "that means someone has to die." Pray for these men.
  • In between and Thursday (this early morning), I am preparing for leaving to go see my sick uncle. He has been in the hospital for over 300 days in the past 3 years (that is nearly a full year of battling cancer, etc!) I hope to enjoy prayer, meals, and a light walk with my uncle.
    !!I am stoked to also see my old mentor and friend.!! I pray God uses me to encourage each person and that I find some needed rest in my visit.