Identifying the Social Climbers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
How can we know which of our leaders are trying to do the Lord’s will, and which are social climbers trying to make a name for themselves?

L

LawofLove

How can we know which of our leaders are trying to do the Lord’s will, and which are social climbers trying to make a name for themselves?

1Co 9:1 Am I not a free man? Am I not an apostle? Haven't I seen Jesus our Lord? And aren't you the result of my work for the Lord?
1Co 9:2 Even if others do not accept me as an apostle, surely you do! Because of your life in union with the Lord you yourselves are proof of the fact that I am an apostle.

L

LawofLove

Act 5:33 When the members of the Council heard this, they were so furious that they wanted to have the apostles put to death.
Act 5:34 But one of them, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, who was a teacher of the Law and was highly respected by all the people, stood up in the Council. He ordered the apostles to be taken out for a while,
Act 5:35 and then he said to the Council, "Fellow Israelites, be careful what you do to these men.
Act 5:36 You remember that Theudas appeared some time ago, claiming to be somebody great, and about four hundred men joined him. But he was killed, all his followers were scattered, and his movement died out.
Act 5:37 After that, Judas the Galilean appeared during the time of the census; he drew a crowd after him, but he also was killed, and all his followers were scattered.
Act 5:38 And so in this case, I tell you, do not take any action against these men. Leave them alone! If what they have planned and done is of human origin, it will disappear,
Act 5:39 but if it comes from God, you cannot possibly defeat them. You could find yourselves fighting against God!" The Council followed Gamaliel's advice.

T

Trax

The FBI trains its agents to spot counterfiet money, by making them handle real money.
When they encounter the fake, it stands out. The same goes with the fake leaders.
Knowing God's word will make the fake preaching stand out.

When I first got saved, I watched any preacher that came on TV. I believed everything I was
told. The more I read and got to know God's word, the more I began to weed out the
social climbers.

However, the ones I do watch or listen to on the radio, I don't always agree with 100%.
Their interpretation of Rev may be diff on how I see it.