IDK where else to post this? Work of God or just good sense (probably not)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AshElle

So I remember, about 4 years ago, My mom and I were in the car, in the middle of the driveway of our apartment complex. The car was in park, but I remember that i was in the back seat and my hand was on the door, getting ready to open it. However, just before I was going to open it, something stopped me, but I don't know what exactly. Just at that moment a car was passing on my side of the door at a constant speed. I was so close to opening my car door at that moment. Okay, so around last year (or this year, i can't remember), I was about to open the car door while we were parked (kind of on a curve. This was at a different house as we had moved from our previous apartment), but again, something held me there, and I couldn't quite pull on the door. Again, a car zoomed straight pass. Not only has this happened one, but twice! Do you think this was an act of God? Or am I overreacting?

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here but I don't know where else to post personal stories (this isn't really a family topic so that's why I didn't post this in the Family Topics page). Also, if you have any or want to, can you share some experiences that you have had, or heard?

Jul 26, 2013
Nothing on earth can lay a hand on you under the hedge of God. Use Job as an example.

May 15, 2013
So I remember, about 4 years ago, My mom and I were in the car, in the middle of the driveway of our apartment complex. The car was in park, but I remember that i was in the back seat and my hand was on the door, getting ready to open it. However, just before I was going to open it, something stopped me, but I don't know what exactly. Just at that moment a car was passing on my side of the door at a constant speed. I was so close to opening my car door at that moment. Okay, so around last year (or this year, i can't remember), I was about to open the car door while we were parked (kind of on a curve. This was at a different house as we had moved from our previous apartment), but again, something held me there, and I couldn't quite pull on the door. Again, a car zoomed straight pass. Not only has this happened one, but twice! Do you think this was an act of God? Or am I overreacting?

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here but I don't know where else to post personal stories (this isn't really a family topic so that's why I didn't post this in the Family Topics page). Also, if you have any or want to, can you share some experiences that you have had, or heard?
The spirits away speak to us but we are intoxicated by what we consume. If we cleanse our selves or do some fasting can get us to pay more attention to our spiritual connection.

[video=youtube;TN1reb_Lzi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1reb_Lzi8&feature=share&list=PLYiWEK2Yfp 1hmI_MchN5it0jLgNEZ_ao_[/video]

N

nathan3

The spirits away speak to us but we are intoxicated by what we consume. If we cleanse our selves or do some fasting can get us to pay more attention to our spiritual connection.

I think she is looking for scripture. I only comment because that video you posted, is only causing her confusion .. That video is talking about evolution and humanism/ Biology . There are better videos out there that are based on the Bible. To quote her " Work of God or just good sense (probably not) " There is no mention of God in that video. Only a mention of some brain anatomy , Chemicals and a Neanderthal.

Last edited:

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Was it God or coincidence? I don't know, but I'd rather give coincidence's credit to God, than God's credit to coincidence.

Thank God you weren't hurt either way.

And I would file this under 'miscellaneous'.

May 15, 2013
I think she is looking for scripture. I only comment because that video you posted, is only causing her confusion .. That video is talking about evolution and humanism/ Biology . There are better videos out there that are based on the Bible.
Numbers 12:6he said, “Listen to my words: “When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.

Matthew 2:12
And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

Matthew 27:19
While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dreambecause of him.”

Matthew 2:22
But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee,

Matthew 11:15
Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Matthew 2:13
[ The Escape to Egypt ] When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

Matthew 4:11
Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

12tribes1King

I tend to believe that it is the work of God, as I have had a couple of similar experiences myself with hearing a voice but only twice that I can recall.
When I was 19 I fell from a great height while climbing around the top of a mountain with my friends. I fell approximately 30-40 feet on to the asphalt road below and completely severed the bones in my leg where they connect to the ankle and chipped a piece of bone from my ankle as well. When I first hit the ground I thought that I was paralyzed as I had a lot of pain in my lower back on the side I broke my leg and ankle on,.... and immediately after that thought, I heard a voice in my head that said sternly and clearly "GET UP!" I often wonder, if I had not gotten up at that exact minute if I would have been crippled or paralyzed but thanks be to God, I have no problems walking or running now and my back had no problems related to that injury.
Another time I can recall, was when I moved up here to Ohio from Arkansas a few years ago. My wife and I had just purchased a vehicle and unbeknownst to us it had a loose rail on the roof rack. We had secured a big plastic tote to the roof rack, (that had this computer, and our important paperwork and pictures, like birth certificates, tax papers ect) , also we secured a couple of mountain bikes along the sides of the tote to the roof rack too. As we were leaving Arkansas, driving on the freeway at night we hit a bump in the road, we hear a loud thudding and then we notice one of the bikes dangling by the rope that had fallen off the roof rack and it was slamming up against the side of the vehicle and rear window. As we were pulling over to the side of the freeway the tote fell off onto the freeway. The tote was sitting upright with the lid on it in the middle of the 2 freeway lanes. I heard a voice just like when I had fallen say.. RUN,GO! so against my own judgement, (I was really scared to go grab it) , I ran and got the tote, and the traffic that was coming up to it on the freeway slowed down and I was able to grab it and get back to the shoulder with no problems.